Chapter 18 - A Sense of Peace

A/N - So I'm thinking about the story I think it's been about a year now...since the battle with all that has gone on and the Error beginning to trust everyone now. Then the kidnapping, so yeah. Timeline. 

---

Error's POV

I awoke, albeit I thought I was still sleeping. 

Keeping my eyes closed, I felt like I was within a cloud.

Sci's probably.

I slowly open one eye, expecting to be blinded by light, but alas and thankfully, I was wrong. The blinds were shuttered, no light creeping through meaning it was night, and the lights were off.

A quiet chuckle escaped my mouth when I looked where I was laying, "SeRiOuSlY, wHo nEeds fiVe pilLoWs?" Around my head were, well 5 pillows and there were at least three heavy blankets on me, basically trapping me in a tight, surprisingly comforting cocoon.

I sink in deeper into the cloak on warm blankets, and shut my eyes. Humming in appreciation.

...

...

...

I sat up, the cold seeping in, I rubbed my arms, well, arm...it still hasn't healed. Well, I've only been out for a little while so it wouldn't been anyway. It would still need a few weeks.

I stood up, keeping a soft sea blue blanket wrapped around me. I walked to the window, moonlight filtered weakly through the shutters and opened them, gasping at the sight. 

The inky blackness of the night, the clear cliff side, and the stars, oh the stars. They beckoned me. I looked down and saw the ground was not far from the window. 

I finished opening the window, not even a squeak from the hinges, as to say your secret's safe with me. 

Maneuvering out of the window was a different story. One hand gripping the still, I vaulted myself out, ducking to avoid the top. Landing on my feet like a cat, I staightened, and walked towards the edge. As I did I checked the code, still ScienceTale, this place gave me vibes of OuterTale, with a bit more serenity.

I looked up.

The sable sky would never escape my memory. It reminded me of the first time I discovered OuterTale. The stars entwined with the blackness, creating warped shapes of constellations and galaxys that were so far away. 

It was a perfect painted picture.

The speckles twirled and danced along the sky, tugging at the corners of my lips in a way that almost made me smile. It was hard to shove aside the worries corrupting my mind, but eventually, I shook away the horrors and sat upon the soft earth and just... stopped thinking.

I was alone. Nothing from my life could touch me. Not a single thing could harm me. I stared up at the sky and studied the silver glow of the moon. The crescent sat low, and sat in a welcoming smile, unlike the cheshire cat grin from one I knew well, this one showed be I could be ok.

And there I was, a single soul sitting on the cliff, not wanting to do anything but cry. But the feeling didn't cause the storm to go on inside of me. Instead, a hot blue fire flickered in my heart and warmed me. Somebody cares enough to help me. Somebody wants to help me. I closed my eyes. Soon, the dark thoughts and emotions melted away. My worries, burdens, and the past blew away on the gentle wind, and the tears that welled up at the corners of my eyes fell down my cold face with a rush of relief.

Crying felt good, especially when they were tears that I didn't want to push away. To let the emotion I bottled up for so long just go. They weren't drops of sadness, no. They were more like the feelings of joy, relief, happiness and freedom streaming away from my hurt eyes. They were temporary cleaners to wash away the pain. 

I never cried, it just wasn't me.

But that night, under the protection of millions of stars and the beautiful moon, I felt like I could let the floodgates open with a single snap of my fingers. I stared up at the sky and continued to let my pain run away for the moment. Clutching the blanket closer I let the tears fall and listened to the distant sound of waves crashing down below, not ever wanting to leave...

I was alone. Nobody could hurt me. 

I felt peace and tranquility, my soul beating with a meaning.

This was fine.

This was the truth of my situation.

This...was reality.

_ _ _

750 words

...

Of course the peace is only temporary.

End of Part 2 - Dust, Sacrifice, and Determination

Part 3 - A New Start

You gotta have a happy Error once in a while, ^w^

I has a completely different thought track for this chapter for the past two days, but when I wrote it this evening (like 9 p.m. - 10 p.m. writing this) my mind was in a different mindset, so yeah...

There was another song I had in mind that came in a day after i posted the last chapter, I put it here, but as I said before, my mind is in a different place and the song didn't fit with the mood.

I think that's all.

Bye.

A/N - I'm posting it on the next day instead at 10:15 at night. lol

A/N WELL JK I GUESS I'LL POST IT AT 10:15 AT NIGHT XD