𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋

i was sweating my boobs off once again while driving to the destination grayson sent me. so many questions were running my mind. will he leave me like nate did? will he feel guilty? at this point idk. i guess we'll just have to see what happens.

i pull up and see grayson standing outside with his back against the wall. he looked so serious and honestly i was scared but it was hot. i got out and he looked over and smiled.

"shaylie?" he asked cautiously before i nodded and he hugged me.

"you're so much prettier in person" he stated with a wink when we pulled away.

"shut up" i said blushing and laughing.

"well come on let's go inside it's kind if chilly out here" he said grabbing my hand and dragging me inside the building.

we sat down somewhere and started conversating.

"what did you need to talk to me about?" grayson said getting serious.

i think i pissed my pants from how nervous i am right now. or it's just sweat...or both.

"i'm going to say this very carefully and get it over with. i really hate to have to put this on you when i just met you but it's better than keeping it from you.....i found out i'm diabetic..." i paused taking a deep breath as i saw him tearing up.

"...and i found out i only have 5 year left to live. i don't want to drag you with me in this so i understand if you leave me. my last boyfriend did because of this exact reason. i'm sorry grayson" at this point i was fully crying and this was grayson's breaking point.

"shaylie, i am so sorry but i want you to know i will be here with you the whole time to fight through it. i'm not letting you go. not now that i just met you." he said crying and grabbing both of my hands.

"shaylie i don't care if we just physically met. this past month and a half have been amazing since you started talking to me. i'm so happy you decided to email me even if it was a joke. shaylie, i think i like you. actually you know what. i'm 500% sure i like you" he finished and now i was crying tears of happiness.

"i like you too grayson....but i really don't want to put you through this." i said getting sad again.

"shaylie i'm already here and i promise i will stay throughout the rest." he stood up and came to me.

"come with me" i wasn't sure where he was going to take me but i followed anyways.

he brought me to my car and i looked at him confused.

"i walked here. you don't mind if i drive your car do you?" he simply asked.

i shook my head and tossed him the keys then we got in the car. he started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. after about 10 minutes, we turned onto a gravel road surrounded by hills and i wasn't sure where we were.

after a bumpy 20 minutes ride down the gravel road, we arrived at this cliff thing. i noticed there was a blanket on the ground with a basket. i realized it was a picnic. i looked at my watch and noticed it was already 5:45pm so i guess this is dinner.

we sat there and ate while we talked about anything and everything. after about an hour of eating and talking, he pulled out dessert. it's cake you dirty minded people. he then cut off two pieces and put one on my plate then one on his own.

we finished the cake and cleaned up just as the sun started to set. we sat down and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder then pulled me closer. we sat like that in silence for about 10 minutes before he finally spoke up. he sat up completely and turned to me then cleared his throat and reached into the basket and pulled a box out.

"shaylie, i know we just met today but honestly i dont care. you've been the only thing on my mind since the day you emailed me. i knew i liked you the instant i saw that picture of you on instagram. shaylie destiny marie, will you be my girlfriend?" as he said all of this, i was once again crying.

i nodded my head quite violently then he smiled and opened the box to reveal a beautiful gold necklace that said 'destiny' on it.

"they had many names but didn't have shaylie and i know how much you love your middle name-" he rambled but i cut him off.

"i love it bailey" i said with a huge smiled as he chuckled and blushed.

"it's a girls nameeeee" he groaned causing me to laugh.

we packed everything up and left. grayson was driving and we were going to his house cause why tf not. we got there and watched a movie and cuddled then i slowly fell asleep on grayson's chest.

"i think i love you shaylie destiny marie" was the last thing i heard before i was out.