𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋

*trigger warning// bullying, attempts of suicide, talking about dying.....if you dont want to read that stuff then skip the flashback*

"n-nate...." i completely choked on my words because of how terrified i am right now.

nate. nate garner. my ex. you know....the one who left me when i told him i was pre-diabetic. the one who called me a pathetic loser. the one who introduced me to depression and suicide. back a few years when i lived in montana (where im from yeehaw🤠) i was 15 and nate was 16. me and nate dated for 2 years...that was until the day i found out i was pre-diabetic.

he left me when i was 17 and that's when my depression started. i sat in my room and cried every day and night, replaying his words in my head. i dont know how i could ever love a pathetic loser like you shaylie marie. you are worthless, ugly, fat, and you dont deserve someone like me. no one here ever liked you. just leave. and then he left.

i went to school and everyone started bullying me saying that i broke up with him and i didnt deserve to be dating an upperclassman in the first place. they said the same things that nate had said to me that night and it hurt.

~flashback~

i walked into school with my head hung low, not ready to see nate. i was dressed in sweatpants, a hoodie, and slides with my hair in a messy bun and no makeup. i had bags under my eyes from no sleep and my eyes were puffy and red from crying all weekend and this morning.

"pathetic!!"

"fatty!!"

"omg you dont deserve to be here"

"why the fuck are you still alive??"

"you shouldnt have done that to nate."

i just kept hearing all of this shit while i walked through the halls with my head down low. i guess it would've been better if i looked. i had bumped right into him.

"who the fuck do you think you are?? back the fuck off and leave"

and with that, i ran to the bathroom and into the farthest stall. i sat right on top of the toilet and cried. i grabbed my blade from my bag and began to slit my wrists. as i was about to do the 6th slit, i hear my name being called.

"shaylie?? are you in here??" the familiar voice said.

i let out the breath i didnt realize i was holding as i realized it was my one and only true friend brilynn.

"b-brilynn" i choked out through the tears.

"omg shaylie im so glad you're okay. i heard everything in the halls and i-" she was cut off when i opened the door and she saw the blood seeping through my sweatshirt.

"shaylie!!" she immediately grabbed me into a hug then sat me on the counter before pulling a first aid kit out of her backpack.

"this cant keep happening....shaylie, i think it's time you move. i mean you're 17 and you're one of the most mature people you know. ever since you're parents passed, you've taken care of yourself but i think you need a fresh start. i'll always be here if you need me though" as she finished talking, she had me all cleaned up and gave me one final hug.

and that's when i moved to la and met hannah

~end of flashback~

"w-what are y-you d-doing here?" i started tearing up remembering everything he did to me.

"oh im just here to see my precious baby" he said gliding the back of his hand down my cheek as i turned my head away from him.

"get away from me." i said through gritted teeth.

"oh baby you cant get rid of me that easily." he smirked as he saw tears running down my face.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" i screamed as loud as i could and by this time, i saw a figure out of the corner of my eye standing in the doorway of the hall.

"you better get the fuck away from her before i put your head farther up your ass than it already is." grayson said getting closer to nate.

"im just talking to my girlfriend here. can we please have some privacy?" nate asked "politely"

"put that shit on clearance because nobody is buying it. shaylie is mine and only mine. she's told me about you so i know exactly who you are. now get away from her before i cut your dick off and shove it down your throat." by this time grayson was towering over nate inches away from his face.

"o-okay im s-sorry" nate stuttered and ran away and out the bowling alley.

i slid down the wall breaking down in tears and grayson finally snapped back to reality and came rushing to me.

"hey hey baby shhh it's okay. everything is going to be alright. he won't bother you again i promise." he tried calming me by rubbing my back and wrapping his other arm around the front of me.

"i-i want to g-go h-home" i finally managed to choke out through all the crying.

"okay take off your shoes and go give them to the guy. i'll go let ethan and hannah know that we're leaving." he stood up and walked me to the shoe counter where i placed my shoes.

grayson soon came back with ethan and hannah trailing behind them. as soon as hannah saw the tears running down my face, she ran up to me and hugged me.

"awe baby what happened???" she said trying to make eye contact and rub my back.

"n-nate." i pushed out.

she practically growled at his name. she's never met him personally but she has hated him ever since i told her what happened. we walked out to the car while grayson explained what happened. apparently he was there the whole time. he noticed how long i was taking so he came to check up and saw me with another guy. he didnt do anything at first cause he thought i was cheating and he was shocked but he kept watching and actually noticed what was happening and that's when he stepped in.

i stopped in my tracks and then all bumped into me since i was walking in front of them. i turned around and hugged grayson very tightly.

"im so sorry. i would never cheat on you and you know this. i love you grayson." i practically just cried into his shoulder.

"i know baby. it was just weird seeing you with another guy on you and it broke me. im sorry i ever thought you would actually be cheating on me. i love you too" we stood there hugging until ethan and hannah started coughing.

i pulled away laughing with tears running down my face.

"come on. im ready to go home and fucking sleep" i said lazily walking to the car with them all laughing at me.

i rode home with grayson and hannah went with ethan. i let grayson drive cause i was too emotionally drained to even stand. i surprisingly made it home without falling asleep so i went upstairs and changed into a big shirt and shorts. grayson came in shirtless with shorts on and we got into bed. i instantly fell asleep once my head hit the pillow and graysons arms were wrapped around me.