𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋

i woke up to some people yelling in the kitchen. at first i didnt know where i was but i realized that i was on the couch which was weird cause i remember falling asleep with grayson but okay. i decided i would go see what all this yelling was about. i walked to the kitchen and saw grayson and ethan yelling. i didnt want to get in the way so i stood on the side and listened.

"why would you ever do that to hannah?? ethan i thought you were better than this!!"

"i am!! why cant you just believe me??"

"it's hard to believe you when there's pictures spreading all throughout twitter. you fucked up real bad"

"i know but it's not my fault!!!"

"it's one hundred percent your fault ethan!!!"

"i would never cheat on hannah. i love her way too much to just throw these past 3 years away and cheat on her!!"

that's when i heard enough. i stepped in the kitchen and cleared my throat causing both of them to look at me.

"shaylie.....how much did you hear?" ethan said nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"enough to know you're a fucking dick" i turned around and headed upstairs to find hannah.

i entered her room where there was clothes thrown everywhere, stuff that was once on her dresser and table were now on the floor, pictures of her and ethan were shattered. i knew that she had copies of those same pictures in a box in her closet just in case anything happened. as i made my way to her closet to find them, i smelled something burning. it was coming from her trash can and that's when i noticed the empty box and burned pictures lying in and around her trash can. she was hurt. she was definitely hurting right now.

i checked her bathroom, my room, my bathroom, and every other room in the house and couldnt find her. i called her 7 times and she didnt answer. she wasnt answering any of my texts. her window was left open so i know she left the house. coffee. she always goes to the coffee shop when she needs to clear her mind. i slipped on a crop top, sweats, and slides then grabbed my phone and keys and headed downstairs and out the door ignoring ethan trying to explain himself and grayson yelling at him that it wasnt worth it.

i got in my car and drove to the same coffee shop we always go to and entered. i entered the shop and immediately saw her sitting in the corner. i ordered coffee since it was still 8 in the morning and i was exhausted. as i was waiting i just kept looking at her. she was a mess.

her hair looked like it hadn't been brush in weeks, the bags under her eyes were big enough to carry groceries, her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks had tear stains on them, she was wearing her glasses that she normally doesnt wear, she was wearing a huge sweatshirt and sweatpants, and she had her phone with earbuds and coffee with avocado toast. she hasnt even touched her toast....she's definitely hurting.

i finally got my coffee and walked over to her getting her attention. she looked up at me and gave me a weak smile then looked back at her phone as another tear dropped from her eye.

"hannah look at me" she looked up at me and immediately started crying again.

"i heard the boys arguing this morning. i know what ethan did. but i dont exactly know what happened. can you please tell me so i can help you?" i grabbed her hand and gave it a slight squeeze.

she didnt say anything. she just grabbed my phone out of my hand and opened it. when she gave it back, i had noticed she opened twitter and i was looking at my feed. but it wasn't my normal feed, instead it was filled with retweets of a picture including ethan kissing another girl. i saw the same picture over 10 times and had enough. i locked my phone and put it in my pocket and took a drink of my coffee.

i stood up and grabbed my stuff and turned towards the door but stopped when i realized hannah was still sitting at the table.

"you coming?" i asked as i turned around to face her.

she immediately scrambled and got her stuff then got a small to-go box for her toast. we walked out to my car and i immediately started driving to our house.

"w-where are w-we g-going??" she choked on her words and i could tell she was definitely still crying.

i turned and looked her straight in the eye before making the last turn onto our street.

"to show this asshole what a fuckhead he is."