𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋

5 years later

i came home from work at the office seeing it was already 5:30. i sighed and set my purse on the couch thinking about what to cook for dinner. i took my shoes off and walked around the corner into the kitchen to see grayson preparing a lasagna. he looked up when he heard me walk in and smiled towards me.

"hey baby. how was work?" he said as he put the pan in the oven.

"it was a long day. my back hurts from sitting at the desk and my feet hurt from those stupid shoes" i complained as i pushed myself up onto the island.

grayson walked over to me and stood in between my legs as he took his apron off.

"after dinner i'll give you a massage" he whispered into my ear sending shivers down my spine. (sPoOKy ScaRy SkeLeToNs)

"i'd like that" i responded as i giggled and bit my lip.

he pulled me and connected our lips. i've missed this. with me being at the office all day everyday and him and ethan having they're own business, we don't get this time.

"ewwwwww" said a voice form the side of us.

me and grayson pulled away to see lily standing there. lily is 4 years old. let's just say the wedding wasn't the only thing me and grayson did that day.

"what" i giggled (stop) "mommy and daddy are spending some time together" grayson smiled at me

"gross!" she said as she giggled and ran off.

i shook my head at her and wondered how we got to this point. i looked at grayson taking in the facial features i've learned to love over the years. i thought about all the memories we have together which made my smile bigger.

"what" grayson laughed confused.

"i love you" i said as i gave grayson a peck on the lips.

"i love you too" he responded giving me another peck.

i hopped down from the island and grabbed some plates and cups to set the table. we have a four seat table because the only people that come over are ethan and hannah who are still happily together and have a 5 year old boy.

i heard the oven ding and grayson went to get the lasagna out. i grabbed a bottle of white wine filling mine and graysons glasses then filled lily's cup with white grape juice. she likes to feel included with what we drink. i took the three plates into the kitchen to plate them then took them back into the dining room.

grayson walked into lily's room where i heard some giggles and screaming then grayson walked out with her hung over his shoulder. he placed her in the chair in front of her food then sat down in his.

~

after dinner, grayson gave lily a bath and then put her to bed. you're probably thinking what happens with lily while we're at work. grayson leaves before i do because him and ethan have to be at work early. i dont leave until 8:30 because i have to be at work by 9. hannah works at a daycare a few streets over so she picks lily up on the way.

if grayson isn't off work by 4 like he should be, hannah takes lily home with her then whoever gets off first picks her up. i swear lily sees hannah more than her own parents. i feel bad about it but we have to work to keep the lights on.

grayson walks across the hallway from the bathroom to her bedroom and i can see she's tired. i walk into her room because she always wants both of us there when she falls asleep. i walk in to see grayson putting her pajamas on and she's almost fully asleep. he lays her in her bed as i turn the lights off. grayson takes a seat in the chair in her room as i sit on his lap. once we know she's completely asleep, we stand up and walk out.

"i think it's time i give you that massage" grayson whispers seductively as he winks.

"i think it is"