B Y E

"You made it

      "You made it." A voice said, it was a man in a suit, he was maybe a few years older than Carter. Carter and this stranger quickly shook each other's hands aggressively, all men do that I noticed.

"This is my fiancée, Sarah, and her daughter Isabella." Carter introduces us to the man. I shook his hands lightly with a warm smile placed on my lips.

"Gino Fuentes." He pronounced his name with a grin.

Awkward

Gino's eyes stalked down to my outfit, fucking shit. I looked like a slut that works the streets in my free time and here they are dressed so nicely and modestly.

"Where's your wife and daughter?" Carter asked, he took the attention off my outfit which I was grateful for.

"My wife couldn't make it but my daughter should be here soon with her fiancé." Gino showed us to our seats. "My son and his wife will soon be here with their children."

I sat next to my mom and she sat next to Carter. I was happy that I didn't have to sit next to Carter, he would just make me act stupid and nervous.

Gino sat across from us, his son appeared a couple of minutes after, and we said our hello's. Gino's son lives in London and visits very rarely, his wife was gorgeous with her red hair and model body, I would look like an 11-year-old boy next to her. We continued to have conversations about random things as we waited for his daughter to show up.

"My daughter is here, please excuse me while I go help them with something." Gino stood up and excused himself from the table.

I averted my eyes back to my plate which was filled with big portions of food.

"So Isabella, do you like living with Carter?" Gino's son's wife asked me.

I froze at the mention of Carter, I didn't know how to answer her question. Carter makes me question everything about myself should I tell her that or maybe he makes me question my love for my mother perhaps. I stopped myself from telling the truth.

"All that matters is my mom's happiness." I responded while my fork played with my food.

"You're such a good girl, I hope my daughter grows up to believe that when she's older." She smiles at the thought of her daughter getting older.

I felt guilty for lying but I just nodded. I couldn't look to see Carter's reaction, I was too ashamed to look at him. These feelings for him aren't normal and there definitely not innocent.

"I guess we have one extra guest." Gino surprises everyone when he enters the room, I lift my eyes to meet them. A beautiful brunette girl was standing next to him with her hand locked with someone that I thought I'd never see again.

"Ryan." I whispered, and everyone went silent once his name came out of my mouth. Ryan looks shocked to see me, I felt a prick of sadness filling my heart once I realized that he was her fiancée.