Chapter 11: Easter Break

We must not be giving Quirrell enough credit, because for the coming weeks, Quirrell is getting thinner but he hasn't cracked yet, and Fluffy is still safely guarding the stone. I hardly care much though because I'm going home for Easter break! Wood is not happy that he will have one less member on the team for these weeks, but they'll manage to get along without me. This break won't be much fun though because exams are starting almost as soon as break is over, so I have a lot of homework and studying to do. On the first day of break, which is a Wednesday, the train leaves very early. There aren't as many people leaving for Easter break, so it's easy to find a compartment to myself. Since I want to be able to spend as much time with my family as possible during break - and because I have nothing better to do - I lay my homework on the ground and get to work.

Not many interesting things happen during the train ride. I finish my Herbology assignment on Dittany and I get about halfway through my assignment on Mandrake Roots when I get bored of Herbology and move on to treatments for werewolf bites and then the full body bind curse, which I don't finish. I eat quite a bit when the lunch cart comes. It's only when there's about 30 minutes left in the train ride that I change into muggle clothes. I've been too distracted with homework. I put on an off shoulder shirt that has gray, white and black diamonds on it that goes down to my mid thigh and black skinny jeans to match. I put on gray boots and the diamond necklace my parents gave me. Just in time to, because by the time all my work is cleared up, the train stops.

It's easy getting off the train with so few people there. The only issue is avoiding the Slytherins, because that's mostly who is going home for Easter. I casually slip through the barrier and by the grace of god, it's night time. That means that my family can pick me up! I spot my grandmother in an instant. "Grandma!" I say excitedly and run up and hug her. She hugs me back tightly. "Hey Chloe. Oh, we've missed you so much" she says as if it's been years since she's seen me. After a few minutes, she lets go. "We've got a plane to catch. We'll catch up in the car" she says and before I go, I catch the eye of Pansy Parkinson, who looks shocked at the sight of Esme. I smirk at her.

I don't mind airplane rides, but I hate airports. They take forever and the security are intimidating. Finally, we get on the plane for the 9 hour ride to Washington. "How is everyone?" I ask eagerly when the plane has taken off. "Everyone's excellent. Especially Edward" she says. I raise an eyebrow. "Why?" I ask. "He has a girlfriend" she says. My eyes just about pop out of my head. "Edward has a girlfriend?!" I ask. She nods. "Why do you sound so shocked?" she asks with a chuckle. "Well, um... He's been single my whole life. I guess I just never pictured him with anyone" I say with a shrug. She smiles at me. "So what's she like? What's her name?" I ask. "Her name is Bella. She's human. They met in biology class. I haven't met her yet, but she must be very good for him. He's become much happier since meeting her. He's a changed man" Esme says. "She's human?" I ask skeptically. She nods. "Does she know about... um... our circumstances?" I ask, choosing my words carefully. "Yes. According to Edward, she took it remarkably well" Esme says. "Am I going to get to meet her?" I ask. "I don't know. Like I said, I haven't even met her yet and according to Alice, he's not wanting anyone to meet her" she says. "Hm.." I say. Esme looks at me. "Sleep. You look exhausted" she says. I nod and lean back in my seat. Within a few minutes, I fall asleep.

The next thing I know, I'm being woken up. "We're in Seattle," says Esme. I nod and get up. Since we're in first class, we get off the plane first. It doesn't take us long to make it through the airport and to long term parking, where we get into Edward's Aston Martin. During the car ride, I make a schedule for myself so I can study, do homework, and spend time with family. While I'm doing this, Esme is telling me about Bella. She tells me about a car accident that involved Bella and Edward saved her with his vampire strength and speed. Apparently my mom was not happy. From what I can gather, mom doesn't like Bella very much. No wonder I never heard of her in our letters. Edward also saved her another time when she got into trouble in Port Angeles. How did she manage to find trouble there?