Chapter 21: End of Year

I wake up to a dark room lit only by lamps and a little bit of very early sunlight coming in from the windows. For a minute, I think I'm still on the chessboard. Then, I realize that Madam Pomfrey is hovering over me. "Good, you're awake" she says. She rushes up to me starts examining me. "What happened?" I ask groggily. My head is throbbing. Is this what a headache feels like? "You were knocked out by Professor McGonagall's chess set. Miss Granger brought you here" she says. My eyes get wide. "What about the stone?" I ask worriedly, my energy coming back. "Destroyed" she says. "What about Harry?" I ask, and then I see the bed next to me. Harry is there, out cold. "Is he okay?" I ask. "He'll live" she says. Next thing I know, she's handing me a potion.

"Drink this. It will help with any pains you may have and also any concussion you may or may not have" she says. I don't drink it. "Why is my head hurting? Normally I heal really fast, no matter what" I say. "I believe that is because you were hit with a transfigured object. I think that magical objects affect you differently than non magical objects" she says. "Now drink." She stares at me until I drink it. "How long have I been here?" "About seven hours. You may not remember, but Miss Granger revived you and when you were brought here, I made sure you were alright to sleep and I gave you a draught to make you go to sleep" she says. I nod.

She checks back over me again. "You're alright. You have a black eye, but other than that you're okay. I'd prefer you to stay here" she says. "I can't! The Quidditch match is today! I have to back to Gryffindor Tower" I say. She looks at me. "Alright" she relents. She gives me a thorough checkup and when she's done, I make my way up to Gryffindor Tower. When I get there, I see Hermione and Ron sleeping in armchairs. I debate about waking them up, but I guess my arrival alerts them because when I walk in the room, they wake up. "Chloe! How are you?" Hermione asks. "I'm fine" I say, sitting on a chair at their table. "How's Harry?" she asks. "Still out cold. What happened with you guys? I don't exactly remember...:" I say. "I brought Ron around, which took awhile. You took even longer. We never did bring you around completely. We had to support you the whole way to the Hospital wing. After we took you to the Hospital Wing, we went to the owlery to contact Dumbledore when we met him in the entrance hall. He already knew Harry was going after the Stone, so he dashed off to the third floor. We still don't know what happened on Harry's end yet" Hermione says.

After our little talk, I don't feel like going back to sleep. Ron and Hermione point out my black eye and I tell them that I know it's there but I don't want to look at it. A couple hours later, I go up to my dorm to get my broomstick and when I do, the rest of the Quidditch team is coming down the steps. "Chloe! What happened to your eye?" Fred asks. Ron and Hermione told me that Dumbledore wants to keep this a secret, so I lie. "Oh, I fell off my bed last night" I say. He looks at me suspiciously, but doesn't say anything. Then, Wood comes down the stairs. "Where's Harry?" he asks frantically. I look at Ron and Hermione. "He had to go to the Hospital Wing" Ron says. "Well, when is he going to get out?!" Wood asks. "Not anytime today. He's knocked out" Ron says. "H-h-h-h-how a-a-are we supp-supposed to play without a Seeker?!" he sputters out.

 He doesn't even ask why Harry is knocked out. "We have to try, don't we?" I say. Wood takes a deep breath. "Okay. Chloe, Angelina, Katie. You are going to have to step up your game today. We have to beat Ravenclaw! I don't care what tactics you have to use to get the Quaffle, just don't let the Ravenclaws get it! Now, let's go to breakfast," Wood says. All of us plus Ron and Hermione go downstairs to breakfast. When we get there, Wood sees Professor McGonagall at the staff table. "I'll be right back. You all start eating" Wood says and goes up to the staff table. Ten minutes later, he comes back. "So?" George asks. "She says it's a secret" Wood says. He doesn't have much more time to talk though because the rest of the school pours into the Great Hall.

"Alright, team. We have to head to the locker room early to discuss strategy. Let's go" Wood says. The whole Gryffindor Quidditch team gets up and we head to the locker rooms. After we change into our scarlet robes, we sit down and discuss how in the world we are going to have a shot at winning without our Seeker. "Alright. Fred, George, try and hit the Bludger toward the Ravenclaw Seeker as much as you can. Also though, if a Ravenclaw Chaser has the Quaffle, try and unseat them with the Bludger if possible. Like I said before, Angelina, Katie, Chloe, do not let an opportunity pass to get the Quaffle. We are going to have to pull out all the stops if we want to win. We have to win! From the very start of this year, the Quidditch cup might as well have had our name on it! We've got the best team in the school! We ready?" he asks. "Ready!" we all say and we head out onto the Quidditch field.