9

Much like everyone expected, Bambam's funeral service was just another big business event, Dahyun and Nayeon weren't short on choices of fiancès for Mina, they chose none of them, and Jackson even left with a handful of young ladies being thrown at him by eager old men, whose greed knew no limits. They were all very tired after it finished, and Nayeon opted to just head home with their son first, getting started with dinner, while Dahyun went to get Mina, everyone knew she would take a while playing around with Chaeyoung anyways.

As always, the Hirais' home was welcoming as soon as the pale woman laid her eyes on it, the little house, at that humble neighborhood, offered a homey feeling that settled on the Im family any time they would visit it, today Nayeon had understood that, and this was likely the reason why Mina had been so enthusiastic to stay this morning. Getting to the door, Dahyun could hear loud conversation inside, and a male voice was present, could it be?!

Surprisingly, the owner of the male voice was the one answering the door, and Dahyun was almost frozen in place when her eyes landed on the man before her. Jaebum was there, ushering her inside, he was, indeed, a very handsome man, she could see a lot of similarities he shared with her wife, but they didn't look much alike for untrained eyes. She went on automatic until she was about to enter the living room and the man bumped her by mistake, bringing her out of her stupor.

"Oh, Hyun! Come and sit down, Momo and Jihyo are finishing dinner, and Mina really wants to eat with Sana." Chaeyoung calls from the couch, seeing her friend had arrived.

"Sure." She moves a little into the room, before turning to Jaebum. "I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Kim Dahyun."

"Park Jaebum, it's a pleasure to, finally, meet you. The dwarf talks about you a lot, her 'hotshot friend who is a big business woman and got boring', if I remember right." He mocks while catching the pillow thrown at him.

"I got boring? How dare you!"

"It's not like that, you see-" Chaeyoung tries to defend herself.

"It's exactly like that, don't try to get out of it." Jihyo stops her. "Park Jihyo, nice meeting you."

"Kim Dahyun, nice meeting you too." Using her maiden name was a safety measure, as she knows Im is not very common in the big business side of this town.

"I came to say dinner is ready, are you eating with us?" Jihyo asks.

"I would love to, but my wife is already making dinner at home, so I can't really not eat there." Dahyun offers an apologetic look. "Well, not if I want to keep sleeping on my bed for the rest of the month, that is."

They all chuckle at that, Jihyo, then, excuses herself to go and help Momo feed the girls, while the other three remain in the living room, making small talk. Dahyun finds that Jaebum is charming, even more than she was led to believe by what Nayeon had told her. She also learns that Jihyo is also a great woman, and the man she was to marry loved his wife with all his heart, honey fell every time he talked about her, and she learned Chaeyoung (along with Momo) also loved the couple and their daughter very much.

Not much longer after, Mina comes running, holding hands with another girl, she figured it should be Sana. Dahyun greets the girl, squeals a little at how adorable and well mannered she is, receiving the hug and sloppy kiss on her cheek happily, before telling Mina they should go home because mommy and JackJack were waiting for her. They negotiate a little and Mina is convinced to leave after assuring another visit where she could spend the night. Dahyun makes sure to hug everyone and that Mina says her goodbyes before leaving, noticing the slight bump on Jihyo's belly, smiling to herself at her new niece or nephew that were coming.