33

"What's up with you and goddesses?"

"Well, hello mrs Hirai Chaeyoung, it is lovely to see you today. I'm rather well, thank you for asking." Jihyo says bitterly, maybe too bitter?!

"Alright, did something happen?" Chaeyoung looks at Momo who was getting into the passenger's seat.

"Your period shouldn't start for another two weeks, this can't be PMS, and I know you had a good day today." Momo questions, she knew they had synched back in college and never fell out of it since.

"It's not that, but now that you mention it...." Jihyo starts thinking deeply about something, her older friend seemed to have guessed.

"Wait, you're pregnant again, aren't you?" The other nurse isn't really asking.

"I can't be. After Jinyoung it should be very difficult."

"You, my dear, have two deities in your house. One of those grants your daughter each and every wish the girl might come up with." Chaeyoung says, a wide smile. "Do you really think Sana couldn't have asked for a little sibling? Especially being with Mina and Jackson all the time?"

"It's not out of the realm of possibilities." Jihyo ponders. "I should get some tests at the pharmacy, though. There is one beside the supermarket, and looks like we have one more goddess now, so I need to get more food."

"Are you a sleeping goddess or something? How come you attract so many deities?" The photographer aks, genuinely intrigued.

"Maybe I am, Chae. We'll know at some point." The younger nurse chuckles.

The three fall into easy conversation, Momo and Chaeyoung very excited at the possibility of being aunties again, Jihyo slightly worried (she had been since the misscarriage) but also happy to have the chance to try for another child again.

On another part of town, a war was bubbling up, and Nayeon was the one stirring the pot. Dahyun was the supportive wife as always, and Jackson was already helping his younger mother draw a contingency plan, unofficially, that is, none really wanted Nayeon to know her mother had been trying to kill her for years already. Not that anyone really liked old lady Im (not even little Mina enjoyed her time with her grandmother), but it looked better for the board when Jackson was the one coordinating his mother's protection operations, and not Nayeon up her own mother's throat.

Im Nayeon wasn't a fool, nor was she blind, don't get her wrong, she knew exactly what was happening, and she also knew the board used to eat in her father's palm, but despised her mother, the woman showed them time and again that she couldn't be trusted with the future of the company or she would drive it downhill headfirst. Everyone was a bit skeptical when the youngest Im was announced the heir, they knew there was an older son, but nobody could find a single trace of the young man anywhere, and she had to grit her teeth and grind through those torturous few years.

Jaebum had been exceptional and trained from childhood to be the perfect businessman, he knew the company inside out, and had been raised and educated to take over and lead them to an even greater success. Nayeon had been raised to help her brother, but was shielded from the inhuman part of the business world until the Imcident, she couldn't blame anyone but herself, really, she was naive and spoiled, never had known any of the truths and horrors lurking just beneath the surface. It was only when she was faced with them that she understood the true love and dedication her brother had put into raising her, and felt like the worst woman alive.

There was only one thing going through Nayeon's mind after that, she was set on taking over everything her father had built, shutting old lady Im out for good and winning over the entire board so she could return to her brother everything she had taken. She started from the bottom, hand picking each and every employee to work for her company, making sure none of the old directors would notice. She switched all the employees she didn't trust, except the ones who worked for her mother directly, not drawing attention was crucial.