36

"Care to tell me why I'm being banished?"

"Hello, nurse Park. Good day to you as well, I'm great, thanks for asking. Why don't you have a seat, want some water? Juice?"

"Cut it Hyejeong. Why am I being put on leave?"

Shin Hyejeong, the head nurse for the hospital, the one in charge. The one who would handle the HR and paperwork for all their nurses, and had decided, not finding any resistance from the higher ups when she brought it up to them, that Jihyo was going to be put on paid leave during her pregnancy. She was four months along and nobody wanted anything like last time happening again, and they would fire her if that was what they needed to do to keep the woman resting.

"Jihyo, would it kill you to treat me as your superior? Cause, you know, that's what I am."

"Oh, like I haven't known you since you were that lanky freshman with bushy hair and clearly lost on campus."

"And what did I do to get this kind of treatment?"

"You are punishing me without reason."

"We, yes, we don't give me that look. The director agreed to it as well." The woman clarifies before continuing. "We don't want you overworking yourself again, and seeing last time was enough for us all to learn, you are staying home until that girl is born and there is nothing you can do about it."

"I need the hours, general."

"And you will get them. You are on paid leave until you give birth, then you are on maternity leave."

Jihyo merely smiles, she knows that if the directors have personally approved there was absolutely nothing she could do.

"And we agreed that general Hyejeong had died in graduation."

"No, I recall clearly that you begged us to let general Hyejeong go but nobody really agreed to it. Maybe Minnie did, but I don't really think it had anything to do with her having a good heart."

"You will not be talking about my baby like that, remember I can get my revenge easily."

"I know, but you won't. Don't worry, though, I love Minnie..... You two should come by for dinner! It's been too long and even Jae asked how you were doing."

"We will. Not that you have the time, treat sus well, sunbae-nim." Both women laugh. "Seriously, though. Go home and take care of that little girl, I want to be a godmother and neither Minnie or I will be allowing the Hirais to take the two of them."

"You do remember Momo is a blackbelt, knows how to fake an accident and will not hesitate to murder for the godmother position, right?"

"I also know Chae is the clumsiest and sloppiest threatener that has ever roamed this earth and will ruin her plans without me having to move a single muscle."

"Can't argue with facts." Jihyo laughs and stands to leave, might as well head home and catch some more sleep. "I'll be waiting for that phone call, general Hyejeong."

"It will come, but I'll give you a couple of days to rest first. Go home, Ji, take care of the little one for all of us."

They hug each other like long lost friends, which wasn't really that far from the truth, and Jihyo goes back home. She was happy that her old friend was looking after her, and made the effort to take care of her despite being constantly swarmed with work, Minnie called complaining every once in a while, the calls had been more frequent lately. Jihyo promised herself she would get Chaeyoung to hand over one of her experiments for the dinner, the Hirais were going to be at the dinner anyways.