•the thirty-sixth•

"Lilia".
"Shawn?".
"Don't leave". he hugged me tightly.
"I won't in ever".
"What if your gone and the gun fires?".
"I'm just one in the 73... there is a big change that I'm not dead then".
"I don't want you to die...i don't wanna be alone".
"I'm not dying before you do".

"Are you sure about that?" A voice whispered in my head.
"I'm sure... I'm not leaving him".
"Who is 'him'?".
"Uhmm... i mean you sorry".

I watched a black flash in the corner of my eyes.
"Don't turn around immediately" the voice in my head hissed.
I walked to my wall painting sat in front of it and just stared. Acutely my focus was on the spot behind the wall. "What do you want?".
"Shut up i can read your mind, I know what you wanna say".
I looked down feeling stupid.
"Listen he can't see me".
"What do you mean 'he can't see me'?".
"It's just me and you".
"Is this a nightmare am i sleeping".
"No how can this only play around in your mind?". I looked up to him. He just stood there. Kinda like my imaginary friend from 12 years ago

* flashback to 12 years ago*

I sat down my bed took my pillow in my hands, Buddy stood just next to me.
"Why are you so sad?".
"Nobody wants me... I'm alone, Buddy".
"You wanna play 'yes or no' ?". He was sitting down opposite me.
"Okay".
"Are you alone?".
"Yes".
"Do you know why?".
"No".
"Are you different?".
I looked up to him, stared at the empty spot where he was supposed to sit, but my mind saw him. His blond hair with a purple-dyed part in it. His dark green eyes were big and sparkling.
That was my imaginary friend. He was always there when i needed him. But he was also honest. maybe a bit too honest for a 7 years old girl. I called Buddy a boy but actually, he has no gender, no age, not even a personality. My mind made it all up when i was 5. i was 5 and i made Buddy up in my dreams.
"I think i am different".
"Yes or no Lilia".
"Yes".
"Okay last question, am i your friend?".
"Yes...no... i mean no you're not".
Buddy was controlling my mind. All the time. for 2 years he was controlling everything i did. And i was done... done with being controlled by him.
He stared at me just a dead meaningless stare.

*end of flashback*

The shooter started walking towards me. I stayed on the ground shoved backward on my hands looking terrified at him.
"Lilia".

Why is he worried he want me dead!?

"Lilia!". Shawn brought me back to his words.
I looked quickly at Shawn turned my head back to the shooter. He had his riffel pointed at my face.
"No no please don't shoot me".
"Lilia what are you talking about nobody is gonna shoot You".
I was focused on the shooter. He swung the riffel to Shawn's chest on the spot from his heart.
"No no no Shawn run... Shawn!". I broke down cured upon the ground. Shawn hugged me. i slivered in his arms still shocked.

"Lilia stop it... stop it!".
Then i realized i was screaming historically.
"Nobody is gonna hurt you".
He buried his face in my hair.

We heard gunshots. A few before a voice screamed the name of the dead one, the name was...
Silvey.

My heart broke. Silvey was the thirty-sixth...