Ch.8

Bbh woke up to squirming. He turned over to see Skeppy twisting and turning while frowning. He was mumbling something about... his dad?

"Hey Zak you okay?" Bbh whispered.
"Dad no, no dad," Skeppy continued to mumble.
"Um Zak? Can you hear me?"
"Dad stop, stop please. Dad, dad, DAD!"

Skeppy shot up in a cold sweat and turned to see bbh staring at him in shock then concern.
"Are you okay?" Bbh asked, moving his hand over to calmingly rub Skeppy's back. Skeppy pushed him away.
"Yeah, I don't wanna talk about it," Skeppy said, but bbh could hear the sadness welling up in his voice.
"I'm here for you okay?"
Then Skeppy collapsed into bbh and started sobbing. Bbh just hugged him and rubbed circles into his back.
"It's okay, it was a dream."
A few minutes later Skeppy sat up and wiped his eyes.
"It wasn't really a dream," Skeppy said while grabbing the sheets tightly. "My dad was an alcoholic when I was younger. He got help eventually and we're all good now but I just-" Skeppy took a deep breath. "I just can't forget the worst days sometimes."

Bbh just stared at Skeppy. He wanted to hug him again but didn't want Skeppy to feel uncomfortable. And of course he had to have called Skeppy drunk. Stupid muffin.
"Sorry I shouldn't have talked about it," Skeppy said when bbh just sat there not responding.
"No, no, I'm happy you told me. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable that night when I called you. I was being dumb."
Skeppy gave bbh a slight smile. "It's okay."
Then bbh hugged him again.

Wait. What? You just told some random dude you met online about your issues with your dad and sobbed in his arms. You didn't even tell your girlfriend about that. And you're sleeping in the same bed as him. I- Yeah of course you are you gay sh*t. What would your real friends think of this? Darryl and Vincent are my real friends. They don't judge me. Yet. What would happen if you told them what you thought of bbh? What you thought of Wesley at that camping trip in 8th grade? Stop. What you thought of Logan when you all went to the beach in 10th grade? Stop.What you thought of- "STOP!" Skeppy screamed.

Bbh jumped away, and looked shocked and scared. "I'm sorry I-"
"No I didn't mean to-" but Skeppy was too late and bbh has left the room. Skeppy didn't think it was right to follow after him. He'd screwed up because he was catching feelings for a guy. A guy. Oh what they'd think of him if he told them.