Chapter 11- My Son

KARAN'S POV

I spaced my cabin, with each passing time, My temperature was rising.. He looked like me even the his age.. Dammit.!!!!

There was a knock on door, I flung it open, I grab Ruhi by her arms.. "He is mine, isn't he?" I asked in dangerous voice.. She shiver in fear.

"Karan.. Let me explain" She shutter.. I tighten my grip on her arms "Explain what.. Ruhi, you hide my son from me why?" I yelled.

She pushed me away.. And Cried "What was I supposed to do, You had so much to do with your career.. I felt like I was bonding you with unnecessary burden.. I did what I felt right Karan.. I did tried to contact you but couldn't.." She said.

"My child will never be burden on me, I hate you.. I hate you!! Is this why you broke up?" I asked her.

"Karan please understand, I didn't want you to go, but When I tried to broke up, you tired to stay for me, I knew if I had told you I was pregnant you could have never went to achieve your dreams and stayed.. Please understand.." She plead.

"When I saw you again, I came to tell you that day, but when I saw the photo frame, I thought all this will break your wedding.. I am  so sorry karan" she said.

"Get out!!" I said.. "I get out Ruhi.. I need time to think" I said..
She raised her hand towards me but I step back, hurt flash in her eyes but she left quickly.

I threw the paper weight, on the ground in anger.. Picking my phone "Meet me near  my apartment" I said and left early.

"What happened, you called me so urgently..!" shweta asked me,
I pulled at my hair "I have a son!" I said.. It was silent for very long time.

"What..! Don't joke around Karan" Shweta said after a while. "Ruhi was pregnant when we broke up, I have a 7 years old son" I said again.

"I don't understand... Why suddenly! Are you sure it's your, she might be using someone else dirty" I glared at her.

"Don't you dare complete that sentence,!!" I snapped at her. "I know Ruhi more then myself.. She didn't even tell me, I just accidentally came to know  about everything." I told her.

"Ok.. I am sorry.. It's like my fear of loosing you came true.. This is the reason why I didn't want you to come yo India." Shweta said.

"What next Karan,?" she asked.. The question for which I didn't have any answer.

"I know a good lawyer here, We can ask for custody..!" She started to say some nonsense things.

"What are you talking Shweta.. I don't want my son to be troubled by court, custody and all" I snapped at her.

"I was just suggesting.. Darling!" She said.. "I need time to think this out" I told her.

She nodded, and hugged me.

I called Ruhi "Hello?" she said. "I want to spend time with Kartik!" I told her.

There was a pause for brief seconds.. "Ok tomorrow he had off from school.. I will tell him, he already knows about you, so there won't be any problems.. Is tomorrow ok for you?" she asked.

"Yes! And Ruhi, I want to spend time with him alone" I said "Sure!" she said.

I waited near the entrance of my building gate, Ruhi had told me she could drop Kartik at my place, before leaving to work.

A car stopped, Ruhi and Kartik got down from the backseat. She bend down and caress kartik hair "Be a good boy, and listen to Dad ok!" She told him.
The way she looked at Kartik, the love, warmth, sparkle in her eyes, made me longe for it.