Chapter 20- Want Her Back

NEHA'S POV

I hate the look of Pitty in eyes of Rohit or anyone who look at me.

He stare at me as if I was joking but I wish I could it was a cruel reality of my life.

"Ex husband!" I corrected myself, feeling disgust that I spend two years of my life with that man.

"What do you mean..?!" Rohit asked. I hate telling my sob stories, 28 years of my life and I never let anyone find out what I was going through.

Year back Only Ruhi knew and now Karan..

"Look Neha, I have my ways to get to know everything, but I want you to tell me, for first time in my life I felt wrong to indulge someones privacy.

The day I have seen you at Ruhi's house I can't sleep, eat or do anything because I keep on thinking what happened to the girl I once knew.

You are not Neha...!" He asked frustrated.

" What do you want to know?! "
I said sitting down near the fire place I wrapped my arms around my self.

" I'll tell you everything, Rohit but you have to promise me that you will stay out of everything" I said to him.

He frown "Let me decide that Neha" He said his words strong, telling me that there was no room for any argument.

I Sigh "Growing up in army family was hard on me, while all my three uncles had a son to take their pride and join army, My dad had me, and when he was told that my mom can't get pregnant again he hated me."

I didn't dare to look at Rohit while telling him just kept staring at the fire. All pictures of my childhood memories running in my mind leaving a similar ache in my which I had thought was gone.

" Since dad was unhappy mom didn't paid much attention to me, I I tried you know to be a boy he always wanted, even cut my hair short wore boys clothes, but he was still not happy." I chuckle.

"I even considered joining Army, but my father's thoughts were so down that he had slapped. Upon hearing this idea."

I blinking rembering the pain the slapp had brought my half face was swallon.

"I knew No one is going to take care of me, so I had to be strong for myself" I remember crying a night and next morning deciding not to let people ruin my life.

"After School, my grandmother justed to keep me in boarding school.. I was happy to finally leave away from the people who thought me as burden."

"I loved, hostel life in 8 years I hardly went home, only twice maybe" I said. "become a pediatrician and started my practice in small hospital here in mumbai." i continue to tell him.

One day Dad called me, I was on cloud nine.. He told me to come home. I was so much excited and happy that I had flied back home the next day.

But I didnt know that day was going to change my life forever..

Dad had arranged my marriage to his  political friend  son.. I had refused to do as he told, angry that how could he do this.

That night mom had came to my room crying and begging that Dad had already given his words.

Having no more options I said yes.

Aditya nanda my husband was great at first few months of marriage, and Just when I thought that it was not that bad marrying to my dad's choice, it all started.

Aditya was very possessive.. Even if he saw me talking to any vendor he could lash he's anger on me, beating me still I can't move anymore. He stopped my practice, locked me in house.

I tried to tell my dad But he refused to listen, soon the beating became constant, he could hit me for no reason, he raped me, and at the end of the day he could take me in his arms and repeat sorry.
Telling me that he had went out of control due to his anger.

This kept on going for Nine months," I sobbed as I. Couldn't speak anymore.

A glass of water was placed on my lips, I knew it was Rohit. taking samll sips breathing slowly  " you can stop if you want" he said quietly his voice heavy with pain. I shook my head.

"He stopped hitting me, when I told him that I was pregnant" I heard Rohit suck in a deep breath.

"He was very happy, but as the day's passed he was restless, he suggested me. To check the gender of the child.

And I refuse, he was so angry that he had pushed me, thankfully I had fallen on my back so the baby was safe.

He came home drunk.. And torture me threaten to kill the baby if it was a girl.

I manage to dodge the topic for 2 months but when it get hard I packed my bags and was ready to leave him.

I was 6 months pregnant, just when I was dragging the bag out of the house he had came home, and look on his face was murderous.. He had beaten me so much that I had a miscarriage"

I cried harder, I felt some one rubb my back, but the small body of my child wrapped in cloth came flashing in front of my eyes.

"HE KILLED MY CHILD ROHIT.. HIS OWN BLOOD HOW COULD HE" I cried harder.

"That was the last straw.. He had killed my child and I wanted justice for her.. So I filed a suit against him"

"Hospital report were enough to prove the domestic violence he did, his political career was down, but I didn't felt good,"

"my family abundant me, I couldn't practice anymore because there was this constant fear in my mind, that how can I treat others children when I couldn't save my own." I questioned.

"His family, Didn't leave me alone, I had hide from them, the nightmare, constant panic attack, made my life miserable."

How can I be that girl again Rohit, when there is nothing left in me" I asked him.

.. . *******************************
Hi guys enjoy the chapter

And Drashti Dhami as Neha

Please vote comment
and follow