Empath skills

....Dunked them both under the water. When she came up for air she saw that a wide eyed Keefe had beaten her to it, his long hair hanging over his face not quite covering his cheeks that were bright red, almost glowing in the moon light.
"You really couldn't tell what I was about to do? I thought I was hard to lie to an empath" Sophie said, giggling
"Not when I'm focusing on my own emotions!" Keefe said, splashing her and joining into her laugh
"Still, don't I have 'stronger emotions'" Sophie said making air quotes
"Yes and I can feel how happy you are right now. Not cool man, not cool" Keefe said crossing his arms jokingly
"Can I make it up to you?" Sophie asked paddling over
"Maybe..." Keefe said uncrossing his arms
"How about this?" Sophie leaned in and pecked him on the cheek, a small, fast kiss, but she still felt fireworks under her skin everywhere they touched and immediately went back under the water after, swimming under water all the way across the pool. She surfaced pulling her hair around her face trying to hide behind the long wet locks.
"That was..." Keefe put his hand on the place she had kissed looking star struck.
Is that how it's supposed to feel? Sophie wondered. She had kissed Fitz before, Mostly on the cheek and forehead but once on the lips. She hadn't felt the fireworks, or the warm tingles all over her body. Sure it was nice but it didn't feel right, like when she had kissed Dex. She had felt whole with just a little peck on the cheek. It had felt wonderful when she kissed Keefe.
"I...wow" she whispered looking at Keefe longingly, brushing her fingers across her lips. Thank the black swan for her photographic memory because she wanted to remember every last second of that. They didn't talk about it. It felt awkward to bring it up and either Keefe could sense it or felt the same so he didn't either. Instead they just floated there for a long while until Sophie remembered they had school in two days and had to get back into a regular sleep schedule- like that could ever happen with her.
"We have school in two days" she said aloud
"And?" Keefe asked
"We need to sleep" Sophie said swimming over to the edge of the hot spring and lifting herself out, her hairs raising in protest.
"Can I spend the night at least? My dads home from his 'vacation' and I really don't want a speech about how I need to work harder" Keefe said getting out as well
"I guess, but no distractions. We will sleep, And that will be it." Sophie said grabbing her clothes and tossing Keefe his "okay maybe a little cuddling"
"Deal" Keefe smirked as Sophie pulled out her home crystal holding it up to the moonlight.they both got one last good look at their special clearing as the light swept them away.

*time skip to first day back at school (again sorry for all the time skips. I'm lazy and impatient)*

Sophie dragged herself out of bed and pulled on her uniform, loosely putting her hair into a bun and looking at herself in the mirror. She didn't look half bad,the dark circles under her eyes barely noticeable and her uniform looking actually okay, or maybe it was just her being super sleep deprived.
"Ew, you look like a raccoon." Vertina said, annoying as ever
"No I don't! I just look like I need a nap!" Sophie said defending herself
"Whatever, but if you want to look halfway decent then use some of that 'blank slate' cream in your drawer" vertina said, her eyes pointed to Sophie's vanity
"Um no thanks" Sophie stepped out of range but still grabbed the cream applying some on her bags. She looked in her regular mirror and saw that she did look a lot better. Stupid vertina and her makeup hacks. Sophie dragged her satchel up the stairs to the leap master
"Foxfire!" She yelled watching as the gleaming jewel sank into the morning rays of sun creating a path to her school "here we go" Sophie stepped into the light. As she was walking to the pyramid for morning orientation she bumped into Keefe and Biana talking, their conversation screeching to a halt after they saw her
"Um, did I do something wrong?" Sophie asked confused. She trusted her best friend and mostly-boyfriend so she knew they weren't doing anything bad, but it was really weird.
"No! Me and Keefe were talking about.....the great gulon incident" Biana said looking anywhere but Sophie. she had a huge smile on her face and looked like she was about to burst
"Which I had nothing to do with" Keefe flashed a smirk
"Okayy, then" Sophie said even more confused "But seriously are you ever going to tell me that story?" Sophie asked leading the small group along the trail to get to the base of the pyramid.
"Maybe one day" Keefe said flashing another smirk. They walked in silence until they got to the pyramid waiting for Leto to make the morning announcements
"Hello all!" Leto started off with his usual greeting "you kids did wonderful on midterms -in fact so well that not one prodigy had to leave foxfire." He waited for gasps and whispers to stop before continuing "and so were holding a ball! The whole school is invited. There will be three different dances. One for levels one through three, one for  fours and up and one for elite levels. It will happen the weekend after next. It is a noble event and you will be dressed accordingly so. I do wish for everyone to behave and listen during classes today even with the exciting news. Now, prodigies have a exquisite day!" Leto flashed off the screen and the whole room erupted into chatter. Biana elbowed Keefe and mouthed something Sophie swore looked like 'perfect timing' Keefe nodded and turned to Sophie. they locked eyes and nodded at the same time intertwining there fingers as they set off to class not letting go until the last possible second.

Authors note
I know I know I'm very original with the ball BUT I have a special surprise that is mostly original. I have only seen it done once and in a very different way, so yeah keep that in mind. I want to thank all of you for being very supportive. I'm also a little insane because it's 1am so I might get a little sappy. I also would love feed back (am I making the chapters too long or too short or just right?) and for people to point out if there's spelling or grammar mistakes, plot holes, the characters name is wrong ext. but also if you see someone had already pointed it out please don't just pile on top and say the same thing over and over. I also kind of want to do a chapter in keefes pov so tell me if that a good idea or not. I'm kind of stuck for good ideas after the ball (and special thing of mystery) so if anyone wants a specific thing suggest it and I might use it. Any-who,bye my lovelies!