Cookies!

"Mom!" Sophie giggled, looking at edaline
"What? I just said that you and Keefe remind me of Grady and myself when we were young. So in love" edaline sighed, looking wistful.
"Whatever" Sophie went back to stirring the cookie batter. Rolling her eyes, she couldn't keep the smile off her face. "Wait, I actually have a question. What's you're favorite memory with Grady?" Sophie was always curious when it came to them when they were young, since they never really talked about it.
"Oh... I don't know... oh! I actually do! It was after our first date, and me and my friends were at a restaurant talking all about it. Grady walked in, and all my friends burst out into giggles. He had a single broken rose, and his clothes were covered in mud. The poor thing was soaked, head to toe. He walked up to our table and handed me the rose, explaining that he had fallen into the canal when he was coming to give me the roses. He lost almost all of them, but he had managed to dace that one. He asked me out again, but before I could respond he was dragged out of the building for tacking mud all over the place. As he was getting escorted out I yelled after him that I would love to. He looked so happy. My friends made fun of me, but I didn't really care" edaline smiled off into the distance, reminiscing.
"Awww, who knew he could be such a romantic" Sophie said, snapping edaline out of her gaze
"Yes, he was quite the gentlemen back in the day. Still is, but less roses and chocolates, more kisses and dinosaur fluff" both the girls giggled before edaline went back to decorating the sugar cookies and Sophie went back to mixing. They had been baking all day, just for the fun of it, and little story's like these had been shared with comfortable silence in between them
"What about you, hmm? You have a favorite date yet?" Edaline asked.
"Oh, that would definitely have to be the night he asked me to be his girlfriend" Sophie gestured to her ring, a goofy grin plastered on her face. Edaline sighed sweetly again before answering
"Oh, you two are so in love"
"Mom! Come on.... this is embarrassing" Sophie blushed before turning to get another baking sheet
"Call it mothers intuition, but I just know you're marring him" Edaline told her, her voice certain
"Seriously? He's only my second boyfriend. What if we break up? What if..... what if he finds someone better?" Sophie hadn't thought about that possibility, and just the thought of it made her sick, the words had come out as barely above a whisper
"I'm sorry, but I'd like to introduce you to Keefe sencen. He's cute, has a wonderful sense of humor, and is hopelessly in love with you" Edaline rolled her eyes, so sure of herself that Sophie had to smile just a little bit.
"Really?" Sophie asked, not sure if she actually wanted an answer to that question.
"Absolutely! I've seen the way that boy looks at you Sophie, and it's with total awe. He loves you even more then you love him, which is saying something." That was an amazing answer. The best answer she could have possibly given, so Sophie threw her arms around her adoptive moms shoulders and whispered
"Thanks you" Edaline wrapped her arms around Sophie
"Of course, sweetie. And you know I speak only the truth" edaline laughed, a beautifully wonderful sound. it was musical, light, and full, and one of the best things Sophie had ever heard.
"Thank you" Sophie repeated, finally pulling away.
"Okay. No more doubting Keefe. Let's make some chocolate chip cookies for him instead, hmm?" Edaline suggested, going back to her frosting.
"Sounds good" Sophie started scooping cookie dough, and started having a lighter conversation with her mom

"I regret everything, and yet nothing" Grady leaned back in his seat, patting his stomach. Because of the girls all day baking session, they had piles of all kinds of desserts. They had everything from butterblasts to Christmas cookies, even though it was already January. They had all stuffed their faces after dinner, wanting to get a taste of everything.
"Agreed" Sophie nodded, and Edaline just made a mmhmmm sound. "How are we going to get rid of all of these?"
"I'm not sure. The gnomes don't eat that much, do they? We could give some away, maybe. We'll figure it out" Grady assured her
"How about you invite all your friends over? You're teenagers, you have a bottomless stomach, especially the boys" Edaline suggested to Sophie
"Can I? That sounds like fun, and I'm sure everyone will love it, too. Thanks mom!" Sophie gave her a quick peck in the cheek, bounding upstairs to hail people and invite them.

Authors note
Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you like it! I just wanted to showcase some good old mother daughter bonding time. Oh! I have a important question. How do you pronounce Grady? Like gratey, like a cheese grader, or like Grad-y, like a high school grad? Me and my friends have a difference of opinions, and even though I know I'm wrong I like my way better, and I'd like to know who's on my side, which you will not know until someone comments. Anywho, bye my lovelies!