Chapter 3

Armonii woke up to Arielle jumping on her bed.

"Get up twin"

"Girl get off my bed, I swear you act like your six"

"I am" Armonii side-eyed her.

"No your not, your grown now why are you in my room?" Arielle got off her bed and say down.

"We have to go into work today"

"I'm sick?"

"Girl get up" Armonii say up and the bruise on the side of her face was visible. She was lucky her father was asleep, so he wasn't able to see the bruise.

"Armonii you didn't have to be rude to Dave he did defend you"

"I didn't ask him to defend shit I could have handled myself. Plus he was drunk it would have been nothing to kick his ass"

"I understand that, but that's not the point. He clearly defended you and you were rude it's the fact that he cared enough to help you in yout time of need"

"I-"

"You didnt get off the floor fast enough to fight him back Armonii, you need to thank him I already did it for you but it would mean more coming from you... Get your ass up and get dressed so we can get to work" Armonii sighed and went to her bathroom to shower, when she finished showering she put on her work clothes and put her hair in a ponytail before she put on her visor. She put on a little makeup to cover her bruise and walked downstairs.

"Hi babygirl"

"Hi daddy"

"I see you two are heading to work"

"Yes" they chorused.

"Alright have a good day"

"We will" they each hugged him before leaving.

"What's our hours?"

"We leave at 4"

"Who all is working?"

"Me and you are on backline, Shay and Chas are doing drive through, Jayla is on fryer and Tiana is on lobby"

"Yes"

"And who's our manager for today"

"Laura"

"Sounds good to me, this shift is gonna be a good one"

"Right" they worked all morning and part of the afternoon before getting off. Armonii had thought about What Arielle said all day and she decided to thank him after all.

"You hungry"

"Yeah, I would have eaten here, but you know I don't like Arby's food"

"Well where do you want to go?"

"How about McDonald's"

"Alright" She pulled out her phone and texted him so she could text Dave.

Me - Thnx for protecting me yesterday I really appreciate it... And I'm sorry for being a bxtch to you afterwards.

Husband - Hey, it's okay Arielle explained it to me and ur welcome.

Me - Well thank you again.

Husband - Of course, So... are you going to let me take you out?

Me - ... Sure.

Husband - Great, be ready tonight at 8.

Me - Are you serious, this soon?