Chapter 14

Armonii walked through her door and saw everyone lounging around the living room.

"Hey"

"Hey sis, did you hear about that shootout on 13th street?" Arianna asked.

"Of course they said it was gang related and some dude Jay and Tre know died" Arielle said.

"Yeah I know about it"

"What you been doing?"

"Just with Dave"

"Well, we're going out to dinner tonight and we're going to meet mom's new family" Arianna said, Armonii simply shrugged going to sit next to Kianna and Zoie.

"Your okay with that?"

"Sure" Armonii answered as she laid her head on his lap and put her legs on Kianna's. They started watching Tyler Perry's Meet the Brown's t.v. show on BET. They could hear Zoie typing away on his phone.

"Zoie who are u texting over there?" Arianna asked.

"No one I'm sorry pooh" he put his phone away but the incessant vibrating wouldn't stop.

"Mr no one blowing up your phone" Armonii smiled as she looked up at him.

"Sorry, Kianna can you help me in the kitchen?"

"Sure, wassup" When he was sure they were out of earshot he spoke.

"He just texted me that he was coming to get me"

"You wanna leave early?"

"No I miss having us all together... minus Lea, I'm not just going to up and leave y'all"

"I'll come just to whoop his ass"

"You know I hate drama" his phone vibrated again and he looked at the message. He gasped.

"What is it?" She asked.

"He just sent me a picture of a Detroit welcome sign what the fuck?"

"How'd he get here so quick?"

"I'm fucked"

"We'll just get him arrested here"

"I can't believe he's back to ruin my life" Kianna pulled Zoie into a hug and rubbed his back.

"We'll get this bastard"

"What y'all in here whispering about?" Armonii asked as she walked into the kitchen for a bottle of water.

"You should tell them" Kianna said to Zoie and he nodded.

"What happened Zo?"

"I'll tell everyone" they walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Kianna muted the t.v. so Zoie could be heard.

"Don't be muting my tv lil ugly girl" Arielle said they laughed as she threw a pillow at her head.

"What's going on Zo?" Armonii asked bringing them back to the matter at hand.

"I used to date this guy named Shawn for 2 years"

"I remember him"

"Yeah... he abused me every day of our relationship up until the day I had him arrested... He just got out of prison and now he's here in Detroit trying to find me and I don't know what to do"

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Harmony asked.

"I was so embarrassed I didn't talk to anyone until I told Kianna what was going on"

"You still should have told us we could have protected you a lot sooner the worst thing you can do is be silent in an abusive relationship" Armonii hugged him as he cried.