Ch.36

3711 Words

There's a moment when everything goes from being okay to completely falling apart. A split second; peace within a storm. When the air is a little fresher, the mood a little lighter. It's a split second when everything is okay; then nothing is ever the same.

—— Flashback ——

The heat inside Louis' stomach is one that he wishes he never felt. He's new to this whole heat thing. This only being his third one ever. He was lucky enough to have Harry with him during his first two. The band is on their Christmas break however and Harry had decided to take his mum to the states.

Louis decided to just stay home. After his mother, it just didn't seem right going out. He'd rather just stay back home with his sisters. He wasn't expecting his heat to be so powerful or last so long.

Louis knew logically Harry and him weren't "official" yet but it still seemed wrong to have a random guy in his bed. So he called the only other Alpha he knew, Stan.

Stan was there in an instant. He drove to the flat he owned since he spent so much time down here with his family. Louis knew Stan would help him through his heat quickly and not be weird about it later. After all, it's not like they haven't fooled around before in high school. Way before Louis even knew Harry.

What Louis didn't expect was Stan to go into rut during his heat. Louis didn't think much of it at the time. I guess those post-heat things don't really hit you until your slugging over your toilet at six in the morning.

"Louis are you sure you're okay?" Stan asked him from where he was rubbing his back.

"Can you get sick if you cheat on an Alpha that's not really yours?"

"I don't think that's how that works, Lou." Stan chuckles.

"I don't know what's normal okay? I'm on heat number three right now."

"Trust me more people sleep around then that and are perfectly fine. I don't have anything so unless Harry has something then it's not an STI. Are you just feeling sick or?"

"It's weird. Like I want to puke, but like, I don't feel poorly?" Louis tried to offer.

"We'll keep an eye on it okay."

Louis pictured his first time a lot of ways once he found out he was an Omega. Maybe at home with Harry next to him. Possibly at the doctors as a surprise. He never thought he would find out he was pregnant standing over a stick in a small aeroplane bathroom with his best friend's baby.

Louis didn't know what to do. He felt trapped. Literally trapped. He shoved the stick so far down into his carry on bag and exited the small bathroom to join the boys. Louis looked over at where Harry was asleep in his seat just like Louis had left him.

He turns and sits next to Niall's empty side. Niall perks up and looks at Louis. "You okay?" Niall asks him.

"Yeah, fine." Louis answers shortly back.

Niall raises an eyebrow at him. And really that should have been Louis first clue that Niall knew something was up. Louis never could keep a secret that long so as soon as the plane lands and he has a moment alone he's sending a picture of the test to Stan with not even a caption.

Stan's reaction was what Louis feared the most, that is, besides the boys ever knowing.

We should talk

Louis read the message over and over again curled up on the couch at home. He knew Stan would want to talk, obviously, but how do you even talk about this sort of thing.