You Owe Me

Keith wanted to turn his sirens and blue lights on, well he acted as if he wanted to turn them on to rush me to where “Sir” needed me to pick up the package, but I sternly put my foot down and said no. There is something about telling a police officer what to do. It gives me a slight rush and I feel like I can take on the world. “So, you found yourself a job pretty quick.” It wasn’t a question.

“Yeah, my so called serial killer friends helped me out.” I couldn’t imagine Donna or Cassie killing anyone. They are just too kind. However, I can imagine Cassie ripping the clothes off of a very good looking man. Come to think of it, he might rip Keith’s clothes off. I shook my head to bring me back to reality. For some reason there are times when my mind begins to drift. I think it is because I can barely handle reality, and it is my way of getting away from my lonely life.

“That was nice of them.” I can tell that he doesn’t like the idea of me staying with complete strangers, but hell, he is a complete stranger to. I’m not even sure why I got in his cruiser with him. Maybe it is because he showed somewhat of an interest in me, and I never really get to experience that feeling of someone finding me attractive. God knows he doesn’t think I am attractive, but it seemed that way before. “Here is your stop. Do you want me to go in with you?”

“No thank you. You can leave though. I’ll catch a cab back to work.” I winced at the thought of trying to hail a cab again. Maybe Donna can teach me how to do that one day.

“No. I think I will stay right here. I would like to take you back to work. Besides, it looked like you were having trouble with calling a cab.” He laughed at me. The man laughed at me. For a second I felt slightly hurt, because it felt like he was making fun of me.

“Look, Officer White, I appreciate your ‘kindness’ but I really shouldn’t have took up your offer for a free ride.”

“Who said it was free?” A slight smirk began to appear on his face. “You owe me a drink.”

“Excuse me, but I think…”

“Don’t think about it. Now go in there and do your business, and I will be waiting for you when you come out.” A little shocked at his audacity to order me around, I slowly got out of the cruiser and made my way into the building. As soon as I entered through the double doors, I realized exactly what this place is. It is a hotel. I am picking up a package at an extremely high class hotel.

The floors looked like marble and large columns lined the walls. I felt like I had entered into a different world. There, in the middle of the room, stood a magnificent water fountain. The slow trickle of water could calm anyone, and after that little conversation that I had with Keith, I really needed calming.

Behind the counter stood a short and extremely pale woman. Her features seemed to be breath taking that I had to tell myself not to stare. Is everything in this hotel absolutely beautiful?

“Sir” must have called ahead to tell them that I was coming, because as soon as the lady noticed me, she placed a small package on the counter along with a clipboard. I did as Mr. Hollington wanted me to do, I signed for it and left out without speaking to anyone.

Keith was still waiting on me just like he said, but he was waiting on the outside of the cruiser with the passenger door opened for me to get it. In got in all right, but I did it without saying a word to him.

“What’s in the box?” His curiosity seemed to outshine mine. Of course I wanted to take a peek inside and find out what Mr. Hollington had sent me all the way over here for.

“That is none of our business. My job is to pick it up and deliver it to my boss.”

“Okay. Okay.” He stayed quit for a little bit before his big mouth opened again. “So what time do you get off?” Honestly, I didn’t know the answer to that question. Mr. Hollington said that there would be days that I would stay much later, so I’m not sure exactly what time that would be.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Hasn’t this man ever heard of curiosity killed the cat, or even mind your own sticking business?

“My boss just told me that I would be staying later than my coworkers. They will probably leave at five. I’m not exactly sure.”

“Alright, then I will just have to be at your job around five and just wait until you get off.”

“Why on earth would you do that?” This man is going to drive me nuts.

“You owe me a drink, remember darling?” He is serious. How can I get out of this? “I can see that look in your eyes. You are trying to figure how to get out of it. No can do sweetie. I will be seeing you tonight.” He had a huge grin from ear to ear. He is going to make me buy him a drink. I guess that is the least I can do for him driving me around during his off time.

“Alright, but just one drink.”

“That is all I am asking for.” What harm can just one drink do? “Here is your stop. I will be seeing you tonight.” I jumped out of the car in a rush, trying to escape this man. He knows how to get what he wants, doesn’t he? Hopefully, he will forget about me and not show up tonight. I don’t think I can handle another minute around that man. He is almost as bad as Mr. Hollington, but Mr. Hollington is worse.

For some reason his piercing gaze and deep voice just makes me want to melt, and I can’t stand that. No man has ever made me feel aroused and uncomfortable at the same time. Come to think of it, I don’t think any man has made me feel aroused.

Ever since I picked this package up, I have been itching to find out what is inside. I pray that Mr. Hollington will open it up in front of me, so that I can extinguish this curiosity for good.

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear.

Mr. Hollington stood in the front lobby, with his arms crossed against his chest and his eyes fixated on me. “You don’t follow instructions very well.” Oh crap.

***Author’s Note***

Uh oh. It looks like Sarah just might be in trouble.

And what is the deal with Keith White. Is he just another friend trying to make his way in her life? Or does he have different intentions? Romantic intentions?

We will find out.

HUGS AND KISSES

TO MY MISTERS AND MISSES