twenty-three

third person

MACKENZIE AND JOHNNY LOOKED
at their schools sports hall which was now transformed for prom. there was a stage where the choir were playing, tables with punch on them. many self obsessed teen girls who took pictures every ten seconds, mackenzie rolled her eyes at them.

as the hours passed by, johnny got more nervous about asking kenzie to be his girlfriend.

mackenzie, on the other hand... was having the time of her life. she was dancing and talking with her friends, she was beside johnny the entire time. sneeking kisses every now and then.

johnny asked her to dance with him, she happily agreed. although she didn't know how to dance, johnny taught her.

throughout the entire night, johnny's hand did not leave kenzie's waist. johnny admired how kenzie's face would light up when someone brought food for her.

he admired how the curls in her hair would bounce up and down as she danced. how she would giggle flashing her teeth.

he didn't understand how someone could be so perfect.

as the after party was ending, johnny's nerves settled. he wasn't as nervous as before, he knew he wanted mackenzie and that he loved her more than anything. he needed her in his life.

kenzie was coming back from the bathroom when she accidentally bumped into sophia birlem, causing the punch to spill on the ground. kenzie was only worried about finding her friends so she walked away. but sophia would not let it slide that easy.

she roughly grabbed kenzie's wrist, she turned around. "yes?"

"um hello, you bumped into me and spilled punch all over my shoes" sophia started to fight.

"oh yeah, sorry" mackenzie said looking for johnny.

"the fucks wrong with you? you're so ignorant, you didn't even notice and you apologize which was so fake?!" sophia's glare burned kenzie.

maddie noticed what was happening and walked over to them.

kenzie rolled her eyes at sophia, "it wasn't my fault and i said sorry"

"how much of a hoe are you, you could've helped me clean it up, instead you're worrying about you're boyfriend who probably doesn't care about you" sophia spat in her face.

kenzie's expression was shocked, she turned her head to maddie. she was surprised to see her their.

"maddie, back me up" she looked at her sister with wide eyes hoping maddie would have her back.

"sophia's right" maddie gives her a flat look.

"learn manners you bitch" sophia yelled at kenzie storming off into the bathroom.

maddie chuckles, and kenzie notices her.

kenzie gaped at maddie, "what the fuck was that?!"

"she's right mackenzie, you're acting like a hoe"

johnny spotted the two sisters and walked up to them.

"oh look! johnny's here, why don't you just run to him and forget about everyone" maddies blood was boiling. she had never been so upset at her sister.

kenzie's eyes started to water, johnny stood there beyond confused.

maddie walked out of the big hall into a small corridor.

mackenzie followed her, she told johnny not to follow them.

"maddie!" kenzie called out, her voice loud and high.