twenty-six

i suck at updating.

i have no inspiration and motivation.

i'm sorry.

scroll down :)

THE WHOLE SQUAD IS AS JOHNNY'S house, we decided to hangout their since it's the biggest.

"annie, sit beside me" hayden calls out from the couch.

without any hesitation, annie jumps up and snuggles beside hayden. their eyes are glued to the TV. me and johnny give eachother confused looks. hayden and annie practically hate eachother.

"hey remember sarah?" mandla asks as he disgustingly looks at his phone.

"yeah" brandon scoffs.

"uff yes" johnny says.

"ugh yeah" nadia rolls her eyes.

"what's so bad about her, she's nice" i glance at everyone.

johnny puts his hand on my knee.

"baby, you don't have to be so nice all the time"

"shut up" i look back at mandla.

"she moved in on my street"

"good luck" johnny rolls his eyes. i used to be her friend last year.

"didn't you date her john, for like four days?" nadia looks at johnny and laughs.

"stop, i'm not a player any more" johnny retorts and sinks into the couch.

"she's nice" i pause the movie.

"no she's not, she's a bitch. the only reason she was your friend was because she wanted to get closer to johnny" nadia warns me and stuffs popcorn into her mouth.

"thank god you broke up with her" mandla says.

i look over and see annie and hayden whispering and giggling, what the heck.
"she was so fake, and her forehead is huge" johnny laughs to himself. brandon snickers

so childish.

"hey, so what if her forehead is big, that's not a reason to break up with someone" i snap and give him a glare.

"relax kenz, i was an asshole back then"

"she always has her hair in that slick back high pony tail, her hair line is destroyed" nadia admits.

"but she was kinda hot" johnny says. i elbow him in the ribs and he playfully says 'ow'

"true" nadia agrees.

normally these things wouldn't annoy me, but it's really obvious that johnny only liked her for her looks.

"wow" i scoff and unpause the movie.

annie bursts out laughing and we all shoot them a glare.

"are we missing something?" brandon looks at them.

hayden clears his throat, "nope" he holds back a laugh.

"why are you guys getting along so well, and why the fuck are you guys cuddling?" mandla yells at them.

"well, uh... we decided to give hannie a chance?" annie stutters

"hannie? what's that?" johnny asks.

"our ship name"

"whatever, can we go get icecream?" i change the subject, they all agree.

i grab my jacket and storm out of the house. i'm craving icecream so bad.

i walk over to johnny's car, impatiently waiting for him to unlock the car.

he walks over to me and opens the car door for me.

i sit inside and look ahead.

"no you're welcome?" he puckers out his bottom lip.

i shoot him an annoyed look.

annie and hayden climb in the back and the rest of the guys go in nadia's car.

"did you study for the science test" johnny starts the engine. annie and hayden drown into their own conversation in the back. it's really weird having them being nice to eachother.

"mhm" i cross my feet at my ankles.

"you're lucky you have ms smith, she's the best teacher" he starts driving off.

"yeah"

"how's maddie?"

"good"

"i miss your dogs"

"me too" i announce with no emotion.

"kenzie what's wrong?" she looks at me. his sparkling eyes are so pretty.

"nothing"

"tell me" he stops at a red light.

"i said nothing" i look at the houses outside the window.

"i know you better than anyone" he smiles at me.

"no you don't" i deny.

"so you're fine?" he raises his eyebrow.

"yes" i cross my arms.

"100% fine?"

"yes!" i yell at him getting annoyed.

"mackenz-"

"it's just, in your past relationships... you've only been with them because their hot."

"is this about sarah?"

"no, it's about- i-" i sigh.

"i don't want this to be like your past relationships, where you only want me for my looks"

he looks at me with a sympathetic, "i promise you it's not like that, i'm in love with you. i'm not with you for your body"

he speeds towards the icecream place. "okay?" he looks at me.

i grin at him, "okay"

"good" he pulls into the parking lot and we all get out of the car.

i speed walk towards the door, but i get pulled back. johnny grabs my face and kisses me.
"i love you, you know that right?" he holds my hand.

"yeah, i know"

i ruin the romantic moment by letting go of his hand and running inside the icecream place.

this is probably the last chapter,
schools starting and i won't have time to post.

thank you sm for 9k reads! ♥️