19. Dil Dhadakne Do

yup, I'm here yet again, with another new chapter. I'm really really excited about the track that begins with this chapter, it's a major plotline that I've been wanting to develop since the beginning of the story, and finally it's here! No spoilers, what do you think it'll be?

Dedicated to Confusedteeny for her numerous comments as well♥️

Song of the Chapter: Aadat Hai Voh, Patiala House
------------------------------//--------------------------

The referee had declared a time-out of ten minutes, for Manik to get ready and the team to huddle.

"What're you planning on pulling now? You're never going to win fair, are you?"

Aryan Dewaan suddenly spoke up, coming in from behind Raichand as he was explaining the play to the team, making him clench his fists and grit his teeth.

While off the field, Rehaan Raichand was pretty much the nicest, and most non-threatening young man you could meet, on the field, he was a force you DIDN'T want to reckon with.

"Don't you fucking have some actual work to do, rather than sniffing around like a guard dog?"

Malik asked pointedly, knowing Raichand's sudden temper rise and stress at the time.

"Someone has to do it, with you all being hell bent on cheating the system."

Dewaan countered with a lazy smirk, that's it, Nandini had had it.

"Listen you, don't make me get up in your face. You know I WILL ruin you. Stick to your side, and maybe try educating the good for nothing morons in your team on how NOT to foul."

She commanded brazenly, losing her patience.

"And what if I do want you to get up in my face?"

Deewan responded with a cheeky smile as Nandini glowered, oh, she was going to murder him.

"Then you'll only get bruises, tere chehre par bhi aur tere ego par bhi."

Manik stated bluntly, descending from the locker room in his jersey, making all the girls swoon.

"Toh tum ho, the new guy. Abhi se kaafi protective ho?"

Deewan taunted, narrowing his eyes as he gave Manik a once-over.

"Manik Malhotra. Remember my name. And I'm always protective about those I love."

Manik stated with a smirk, and later a wink at Nandini, who rolled her eyes.

The whistle blew, indicating the time out was over, and everyone was back in formation.

Nandini looked back at Manik, as if telling him to stay out of her way through her eyes, and all he could reply with was a flying kiss, making all girls sigh and boys roll their eyes.

"You owe me big time, Raichand."

She muttered to Rehaan, who chuckled.

And another whistle alerted them, the match had resumed.

------------------------------//--------------------------
This time around, St.T's were in attack mode, playing the offensive, ready to retaliate for their fallen Wingbacker.

Manik was good, alright. Anybody could tell, and what was better, he had somehow managed to get into the flow with the team as well, they were in sync.