54. Humsafar

This chapter officially marks the end of the wedding track, and also the beginning of the actual end of the story. I see this story having 10 more chapters, max. So gear up for the final 10, you guys!

BUT worry not, because I've already started working on the sequel, titled Love Aaj Kal!❤️ I hope you'll give it as much love, for it's based on the next generation of Fab5, of T3M, and of Jab We Met👑

Song of the Chapter: Sapna Hai Sach Hai, Panipat💕

------------------------------//--------------------------

After the great shoe heist, both the bride's side and groom's side had a mutual agreement of peace till after the wedding had commenced.

They'd all gathered around the stage, as Shivaay and Anika took their pheras around the fire, the music soft and the priest chanting.

Randhir and Avantika Oberoi stood just in front of the stage, eyes teary as their son began a new chapter of his life, with Rudra and Abhi next to them.

Nandini saw the family with longing eyes, trying her best not to cry, not to ruin the moment. But sometimes it did hurt, and she did wonder..what it would be like to have her parents too.

Suddenly, she felt a palm encircling hers, and looked besides her to see Rishabh, who was smiling softly at her.

Nandini smiled widely, clenching his hand tightly, feeling proud of the boy besides her, who'd overcome way too many obstacles for his age.

From a distance, Nanu saw his family happy and complete, and smiled.

"Oye, idhar aa."

He called out to Manik, who was startled at his sudden command, standing with Fab5 and Navya, and made his way to him.

"Yeah Nanu? Aapko kuch chahiye?"

He asked, bending down to reach Nanu's ear.

"Kuch nahi bahut kuch. Ek promise chahiye."

Nanu said sternly, as Manik gulped. These Oberoi men were some of the only rare species who could intimidate Manik Malhotra.

"Anything, Nanu."

He said sincerely, smiling nervously, as Malik, Samrat and Raichand smirked seeing his expressions.

"Nandini ko hamesha aise hi rakhega. Happy, smiling and content. Usko kabhi bhi...akela feel nahi hona chahiye. Woh bahut time tak akeli reh chuki hai. Not anymore. You, young man, must be her family. Understood?"

Nanu said in a commanding tone, but softly as he saw Nandini laughing at a joke Samrat made, with Malik shaking his head at them.

Manik too turned to look at her, and smiled with a new found determination.

"Always, Nanu. Nandini will never...ever be alone. You have my word."

He said with a confident glint in his eyes, and Nanu smiled, before nodding his head and patting his back, showing his approval.

Manik sighed a breath of relief and walked back to where he was standing before.

"Nanu ka approval bhi mil gaya matlab?"

Dhruv asked with a smile, to which Manik chuckled and shook his head.

"Arey approval kya? Nanu toh first day se Manik ki side pe the. The first Oberoi to be in his team, honestly."

Cabir stated, as Manik and Mukti agreed with a nod.

"Acha I'll go check up on Abhi, okay?"