41. Chup Chup Ke

Yaay another chapter, this part of the book is honestly the most fun for me, the wedding, the dynamic between Manik and Nandini, everything's so light and cute...or is it?

Song of the Chapter: Gori Gori, Main Hoon Na

-------------------------------//-------------------------

It was the day before the Mehendi, and to say that the Oberoi Mansion was in a frenzy would be an understatement.

All the youngsters were busy with planning and handling their separate departments, or at least trying to handle them.

Rudra, Rehaan and Cabir, who were in charge of food (for obvious reasons), were still in too much of a trauma to concentrate, from the time Nandini asked them to also keep Vegetarian options on the menu.

Abhi, Samrat and Ahana were in charge of all the decorations and the floral arrangements, which was in a mess because Ahana kept trying to tell Abhi the difference between yellow ochre and pale yellow while Samrat just stood in between, facepalming.

Mukti, Alya, Mira and Navya were handling the guestlists and getting RSVPs from everyone, which seemed to be a trouble considering Mukti would swear at anyone who took more than 3 seconds to reply.

Malik, Dhruv, Manik and Nandini were overseeing entertainment and choreography, which was a hassle for a whole different reason, namely Manik having to witness Samrat and Nandini practice on love songs for over 3 hours everyday.

So yes, things were NOT perfect.

-----------------------------//---------------------------

"Guys, I think something is missing. Kuch kam sa lag raha hai."

Rishab spoke up, as the preparations of D-day were coming to an end.

"Abbey saale, we made the entire mansion bloody Taj Mahal. Ab isse helicopter utarwana hai kya."

Manik muttered under his breath out of frustration, only to get shoved in the stomach by Nandini, who gave him a death glare.

"What?"

Manik asked her, wincing.

"What, what? He's my brother, Manik, don't swear at him, even if he can't hear you."

Nandini explained, pouting.

"Exactly Nandini, he's your brother. Saala hi toh bolunga. Kuch bhi."

Manik flirted, raising his eyebrows cheekily as Nandini shook her head with a shy smile.

"I've an idea!"

Cabir exclaimed, as everyone immediately sighed. Cabir and his ideas.

"Arey jaise Koffee With Karan hota hai, bro it'll be so cool if we like invite Daler Mehndi tomorrow. MEHENDI WITH MEHNDI. I'm a genius."

Cabir suggested excitedly, clapping enthusiastically at his own idea while everyone else just looked used to it, with only Rudra nodding his head, as if in agreement with Cabir.

"How do you deal with him?"

Abhi whispered softly to Mukti, who sat besides him on the sofa.

Mukti chuckled, before sitting up straight.

"The same way you deal with him."

She replied, pointing towards Rudra who was sharing a high five with Cabir, making Abhi laugh and shake his head.

"Woh, um, if you guys don't mind, I've an idea?"

Ahana shyly said, not wanting to impose herself on anyone, as Malik looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.