34. Tere Jaisa Yaar Kahan

Hi guys!! I'm back with yet another chapter! So the whole marriage events track will pretty much begin from the next or next to next chapter, with the engagement, and I hope everyone's ready for fireworks! (non-polluting ones, of course).

Without further ado, let's get on with it!

Song of the Chapter: Enna Sona, OK Jaanu
-------------------------------//-------------------------

"Rey, seriously? You're seriously trying to get Nandini back with him?"

Mira asked a red faced Rehaan as he faces the floor, with Mukti and Cabir looking everywhere but at the duo.

"Ra, you don't understand. I've...seen Murthy go back to being just Murthy when he's around. No more consumed in the aftermath of amma-appa's accident, no more guilty over Rish's condition, just at peace. I know he's hurt her, god damn it, I know. But I just think he needs another chance."

Rehaan replied, speaking his heart out as he intensely gazed at Mira, who seemed to understand what he was talking about.

Meanwhile Cabir and Mukti had a silent conversation with each other, Mission MaNan ke baad Mission MirHaan banta hai, they both nodded in agreement.

"Rey, I know you'll never do anything to hurt Nandini but...have you spoken to Ayan, at least?"

Mira asked him hesitantly, still a little wary of Manik, considering every decision he'd taken in the past had only hurt her friend.

Rehaan winced a little before answering, why did Mira feel like Malik was the authority on this? Couldn't he make a sound decision himself?

"Listen I really don't mean to intervene, but Ayan is probably the only person amongst all of us who hates Manik. Even Samrat is nice to him, even when he's an asshole."

Mukti boldly said, interrupting Rehaan before he could answer, knowing she had to take a stand for her best friend.

"I understand, Mukti. But what you don't understand is that Nandini and Rehaan, they're all Ayan has. I mean because of Nandini, he has the Oberois and Shergills too, but they're his entire and only family. And he witnessed Nandini absolutely break down five years ago. Rehaan, he's...strong. He's emotionally one of the strongest people I know, but Ayan, he's faced so much in life that he's just afraid, all the time."

Mira explained with teary eyes, and Rehaan found himself nodding in agreement. He'd not thought of it this way, that maybe it was the other way round, and Rehaan had to be the strong one.

"I understand, Mira. But all we're asking for here, is one chance. One chance to get OUR best friend Manik and YOUR best friend Nandini, back. We all need this."

Cabir sincerely said, letting go of his dramatic personality for a while.

Mira took a long breath, before nodding with a small smile, making Rehaan widen his grin and hug her tight, as Cabir and Mukti smirked.

Romeo part two bhi aagaya.

"Okay, but first, we need to get Ayan on board. And for that, we need to get him to talk to Manik."

Mira said, sighing. If only it were this simple.

"Oh hello? You're telling us we have to get Amrish Puri to TALK to Shah Rukh Khan? Mira, they don't talk. Amrish just sees Shahrukh get beaten up and then blesses him and Kajol. So I personally feel if we just hired some goons and you know..."