What's Up?

SPOILER ALERT for anyone who's not completely read Jab We Met!! Read at your own risk.

Hey! So I've always wanted to do this, this is basically an interactive chapter. I want you guys to flood the comments with any questions, feedback, comments, choices, wishes relating to both Love Aaj Kal, as well as Jab We Met!

I also wanted to share some random facts about the whole process of how I sort of write, and how I came up with the idea and motivation to actually START Jab We Met.

But you guys, please, this will really suck if you don't comment. Then it'll just be a bunch of boring facts that people skip and that'd annoy me.

So Fact #1:

Since I'd started writing JMW, I actually planned on....(please don't murder me) killing off Ayan. Yup. I had the entire narrative in my mind, how he'd die, how it'd affect the others, how it'd affect the plot, and the that's why from Day1 I knew that Manik and Nandini's daughter would be named Ayaana, as sort of a tribute.

BUT, by the middle of the story, both the readers (that's you guys) and I had grown to love him so, so much (equal to Manik and Nandini, if not more), that I just couldn't go through with it.

What would your reaction have been if Ayan had died?😭

Fact #2:

Since Ayan was meant to be gone, Nirvaan wasn't actually written in the first draft of Love Aaj Kal. The first draft was actually way more serious in nature, as compared to the one I decided to publish. Neil was meant to be Neil Ayan Raichand, and the central couple of the story were Neil and Ayaana, obviously.

Are you guys thankful that I added Nirvaan, or do you think the story could be okay without him too?

Fact #3:

While writing JMW, at one point, I sort of low-key thought about introducing a Ayan+Nandini subplot. Simply because man, Ayan is so dreamy. And since Manik did get to have a relationship other than one with Nandini (Alya) it's only fair that Nandini gets to explore too! But, I didn't want to spoil the iconic Three Musketeers bond by messing it up with relationships, so I let it be.

What do you think, would you have wanted to see a glimpse of Malik and Murthy? 🧚‍♀️💕

Fact #4:

Rehaan Raichand was actually the last character I'd planned. Originally, I thought that it would only be Malik and Nandini, and Samrat would have issues with Malik, which caused the three to fall out, and that would be a major subplot. But then as I started to write, I felt like something was missing, it wasn't seeming as light and fun as I wanted it to be, so I added good old Rehaan (inspired by my own best friend), the cutest ray of sunshine, and Cabir's partner in crime.

Who did you prefer, Rehaan or Samrat? 😎

Fact #5:

The whole crossover with the Oberoi family (from Ishqbaaz, for those who don't know) was completely, completely last minute.

I'd originally planned that Nandini would find out that she was adopted after Valentine's Day, and that her biological father's looking for her, and is a rich record label producer in Delhi, so she goes to live with him, for Rishab's treatment, as well as to get over Manik and amms' death.

And in the five years she spends in Delhi, she befriends the whole squad (Malik, Raichand, Samrat, Mira) as they already knew her father and were family friends.

But I don't know why, that just didn't work out, and so I introduced the Oberoi brothers being her maternal family subplot, after falling in love with Nakul Mehta (Shivaay) in a web-series💖✨

Would you be interested in the other adopted family in Delhi plot, if I do decide to write it someday?

Fact #6:

The last fact, Mahira and Ahana were only added before their introductory chapters. That is, I hadn't planned on introducing them, till I felt the need to have some kind of love interest for Malik and Samrat, which is kind of sad, since I don't like having characters who aren't defined on their own.

Like Mira for instance, was always planned, not just as a love interest, but as a girlfriend/sister for Nandini. ❤️

-----------------------------//---------------------------

Anyway, that's it! I hope you guys had fun and got a little more insight into the kind of planning I do for my stories, please please please do comment and let me know!!!

Also, let me know if you want me to do more of this stuff, like interactive chapters.

Until next time✨