The Letter

----------------------------♥️-------------------------

For my Nandini,

I know you're reading this with your heart beating so loud that you can probably hear it from the next room. Don't worry, I'm not asking you to marry me, at least not yet ;)

Although in theory I've only spent a year with you, and we've lived most of our lives not knowing each other, it doesn't seem that way. The thought of living without you being in my life seems physically impossible, and that's a lot to say for Manik Malhotra, for whom nothing is impossible.

Before coming to London I knew Nandini Murthy, a soft, extremely outspoken and headstrong, not to mention absolutely beautiful girl from Mangalore. 

Five years ago, I loved her with all my heart, having broken hers. I lived with your memories for the years we lived apart, smiling at every ice-cream tub I saw, giggling every time I struggled to cut a lime and going to sleep every night with the hope that you still might mention me in your prayers.

I took my flight to London with a heavy heart, with you in my thoughts, thinking of how you would've been happy if you were with me, how you would've been calming down Navya every time turbulence hit. But when I landed here, call it cheesy, but I felt something different. I feel like something big was going to happen.

Little did I know, that fate would have me meet my short, cute, angry girl again, only now she was fierce, she was free, uninhibited. And also had 2 bodyguards, 3 brothers, and 1 very annoying best friend.

Nandini Ishana Murthy, you've made it impossible for me to not think about you, to not love you and all that you come with. I was-am, an asshole for not trusting you, for letting my insecurities come in the way of our love, and for not giving you the importance that you deserve so, so much.

Because I've realized that I don't just want you to be a part of my life, I want you to be my life.

I've learnt lessons in love the hard way, but then again, when has anything ever been easy with us?

I love you, Nandini. So here I am, asking for one last chance, to make everything right and treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

Please do me the honor of allowing me to call you mine?

Yours,
Hamesha,
Manik

----------------------------♥️-------------------------