23. Daaru Desi

Hi everyone! A very long chapter ahead, so I'm not really in the mood for a huge author's note, just wanted to let y'all know how much I appreciate your votes and comments💘

Song of the Chapter:  Dildaara, Ra One

---------------------------//-----------------------------

In less than an hour, everyone was in Oberoi Mansion, including three panting boys, who looked like they'd jogged all the way from India to Southall.

Nandini was in her room, not wanting to be disturbed by anyone, she needed some space, some silence, and they understood that.

They were just scared of what came after the silence, and so needed to prepare to the best of their abilities.

"Okay, mission report. I fucking hope you've done your part well, cadets."

Malik commanded, letting his playful side out, with a smirk.

"Yaar ye AUR hot kaise hogaya. His voice is like cold water on a hot, summer day. Honestly."

Mukti muttered, only audible to Cabir, Navya and Manik.

Navya chuckled and nodded, as if agreeing, as Cabir glared at her.

"Behuda aurat. Thoda control kar apne emotions ko. Mujhe ulti aajaayegi."

He said, making a face, as Manik nodded in agreement, rolling his eyes.

Mukti shakes her head and chuckles, why were her best friends such idiots?

"Oh hello, this isn't Mission Impossible, and you sure as hell aren't Tom Cruise. Toh chill kar."

Samrat said, rolling his eyes at Malik's orders and barks.

"No, this is Mission Kashmir, and I'm Hritik Roshan. Ab chup-chaap bol kaam kiya ya nahi."

Malik replied, making everyone chuckle as Samrat pouted.

"I went to the Bakehouse, and bought everything on the shelves, along with Murthy's favorite hot chocolate fudge. You never know, maybe she's in the mood for variety."

Raichand said casually, with a shrug, as the girls stared at him with wide eyes.

"You bought an entire shelf's worth of baked goods? God, boys, you should take some notes."

Alya remarked, glaring at Dhruv, Manik and Cabir, who rolled their eyes and scoffed, while Raichand took an imaginary bow.

"I went to the Planetarium, and got the ceiling wallpaper, the lights, and the newest telescope. Nandu will FLIP when she sees everything, it's exactly how she likes it!"

Samrat said excitedly, jumping up and down like a kid, as the girls smiled at his adorableness, while Manik imagined hitting his head with the telescope he bought.

"And I, as usual, did the most important part. Barged into the Blue Star Mall at 2am, threatened security when they tried to stop me and bought out the entire Air Jordans store, just because they weren't opening it up for the purchase of a single pair of shoes."

Malik said matter-of-factly as this time, the boys gaped at him.

"You-you bought the entire store?"

Dhruv asked, his eyes widened in awe.

"Yup, actually Murthy had been wanting a pair of custom Air Jordans for a month now, so I figured I'd get it for her, but those idiots weren't ready to open up the store for only a single pair of shoes, so I kind of bought like the entire section. Kind of."