48. Jaane Na Dunga Kahin

Hey there! I'm back with another chapter, one filled with, you guessed it, DRAMA!

I'm loving all the comments and votes from you guys! Keep them coming❤️

Song of the Chapter: Kaise Bataaoon, 3G (I think we can all agree this is an iconic MaNan song💕)

------------------------------//--------------------------

Nandini and Manik were swept off their romance, when suddenly they heard a throat clearing.

Immediately separating, the two turned around to see who it was.

"Bh-bhai, I-"

Nandini nervously started, squeezing her eyes shut as she saw Abhimanyu stand in front of them, his expression cold and the twinkle in his eyes missing.

"Not now, Nandini. You've hidden this for so long, it won't be difficult to wait till at least my brother's Sangeet gets over."

Abhimanyu said, his voice clear and impassive.

Nandini's eyes welled up. Nandini? What about Ishu? His brother? Wasn't Shivaay her brother too?

Watching Nandini's expression, Manik too immediately grew alarmed, walking over towards Abhimanyu.

"Abhi just hear us out-"

He started to say, but was interrupted by Abhi raising his hand to stop him.

"You seriously don't want to talk to me right now, Malhotra. Not now."

Abhi warned, before giving Nandini one last disappointed glance and leaving

Nandini couldn't stop the tears that shed from her eyes. This was the first time in her entire life, that she'd seen Abhi like this. So distant, so....cold.

Manik immediately rushed to her side, his arms around her, reassuring her that everything would be okay.

"Listen, Abhi's your brother. I get that he's upset, I mean I'd be too if I were finding out about my sister's boyfriend this way. He's going to come around. He will. Just..stop crying."

Manik fervently said, he couldn't see Nandini cry, not now, not ever.

"You don't get it, Manik. He's always been the one I could rely on. Rudra was the same age as I was, and I was always too afraid to approach Shiv Bhai. He was the constant in my life. Even when I was in Mangalore AND Mumbai. He's never....never talked to me this way. "

Nandini explained, still whimpering as Manik hugged her tight, wanting her to let everything out.

"Nandini, you've got to look at it from his perspective too na. Like, he must've wanted YOU to be the one to tell him. That's all. I promise you, if you're thinking this will affect our relationship or your relationship with him, it will not. It is just a hurdle, humne pehle bhi bahut hurdes cross karre hai. Right? "