Chapter 1: Barnes is Back

Bucky had his headphones in as he sat in the back seat of his parents car. They were pulling into Savannah Georgia a place that use be home to the Barnes. They pulled into the driveway of their old house.

His parents still owned the house they always knew that Savannah was going to be where James was going to retire too.

Bucky pulled out his headphones and whispered "Thank God

Bucky pulled out his headphones and whispered "Thank God."

"James" Winnie said when she heard him.

"Sorry mom. Im just glad that we are done with the military. And Im glad you told me that we were coming back here. I had more friends here than any other place we lived at." He said

Bucky Barnes just turned 15 two months ago. He was the youngest his older sister and brother had already gone off to college. He looked around and smiled "Home" he said as the uhaul pulled in.

He helped his parents move their stuff and unpack. The next morning James and him went to the high school to enroll him. "Dad football.." he said

"Right can we talk to your athletic director or football coach. He would like to play football." James said

Maria Hill the guidiance counselor called down Coach Fury and Coach Rhodes. They let him know that they were going to hold tryouts later that afternoon.

Bucky let them know he played quarterback. They let him know they had two different teams a JV for the lower classmen and Varsity for upper class.

They left the high school and did grocery shopping while Winnie had a job interview. That afternoon James brought him to the high school football field.

"Well look what the cat dragged in after all these years" Sam said

"Yeah yeah. Its good to see you boys too." Bucky said as they all did a bro hug with him.

Bucky earned his quarterback position and earned a 2nd string spot on the varsity for quarterback. That night he met the boys at the park on his dirt bike.

They played a few rounds of basketball. The girls showed up "Buck you remember Natasha Wanda Hope and Valerie." Steve said

"Oh yes I do. You girls are looking mighty fine these days" he said

Natasha rolled her eyes "Back off Im dating Clint these days" she said

"Oh Barton you lucky dog." Bucky said

Across town was another class mate that had done some changing over the years. Maisie Barnum was still the quiet shy smarty pants but she also broke out of her shell some.

She became a cheerleader,volleyball and softball player. But she was no where near popular. She still had her glasses and kept to herself. She had no idea that her world was about to change.

Some other classmates and old friends joined them at the park once word got around that Barnes was back

Some other classmates and old friends joined them at the park once word got around that Barnes was back. He showed off his motocross stuff and talked about all the hobbies he has taken up over the years.

They hung out till around midnight. Bucky was happy to be back home and back with his friends. He couldnt wait for school and football season to start. He was even more excited once the boys showed him that they had a band going but they needed a lead singer.

He got signed up for a motocross race as well. Life was perfect nothing could bring him down.