Chapter 10: Getting Ready for State

It was a Monday morning after the Varsity team won their finals game. Bucky came up behind her "well dont you look all adorable this morning. I missed hanging out with my best friend all weekend long. But congrats on your volleyball tournament" he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Thank you" she said

"You two need to get a room" Sam said

"What for? I would love a room to take a nap in." Maisie said

"So you two can fuck." Clint said

"Hey none of that around Maisie." Bucky said as he played with her belly button ring. As they were standing there the intercom beeped in.

"Attention all Football players and Cheerleaders. There is a immediate meeting at 10AM. You are to report to the football field for the meeting. Again 10AM football field"

"Wonder what that is about." Wanda said

"Who knows." Natasha said as they all started to walk off to their classes.

At 10 they all left their classes some had free period for second period. So they didn't have to tell anyone. They all were standing on the track around their football field.

"All of you take a seat on the bleachers. We have a lot to discuss" Coach Fury said

They all sat down on the bleachers. The cheer coach had a stack of papers in her hand as well as the football coach. "Your coaches are about to pass out consent forms that need to be turned in by tomorrow morning to be able to cheer and play." Fury said

They started to pass them out. "Now Friday you all will not be attending classes. As Friday is the regional game if you all win that game you will be playing in the State Championship on Saturday. That being said I have been on the phone with a hotel close to the stadium as I can get. We will be leaving at 8PM Thursday that way I know you all will have a good night's sleep. The boys will have a light practice Friday morning. The girls will be able to use the time to practice as well. It will be the same on Saturday morning if you win." Fury said

He stopped pacing then he said "Now with that out of the way. Because of what happened with Ms Barnum at one of our away games. And of course we had a incident with Sophie as well. Ive been doing my best to keep you girls safe. We are going to be in Athens and after fighting with the school board on this. They finally saw it my way." As he took his clip board from the assistant athletic director Melinda May.

"Each cheerleader has been assigned a football player as their hotel mate. You boys respect boundaries but protect them. This person will also be who you sit with on the bus. The list will be outside my office this afternoon. Do we have a understanding?"

They all said "yes sir."

"Great now you all may go back to class. And those of you with free period. Get to the library do your homework." Fury said then blew his whistle as they all started to go back to the school.

That afternoom before practice she and Bucky went together to Fury's office. They read down the JV side of the list to see them paired together. He hugged her from the side "thank god" he whispered

"Ditto" she said

He walked her down to cheer pratice then headed to football practice. When the boys were done they came into the gym to find the girls all in just the shorts and sports bras. They were making the boys their run through sign.

Bucky swallowed hard when he saw her cleavage as she drew the footballs. She was in her own world it brought a smile to his face as it reminded him of how she use to color under the slide.

He walked over to her and said "whatcha doing over here darlin?"

She smirked "making footballs what do you think?"

"Amazing. You are so talented darlin" he said.

They helped the girls finish up so they all could go home.