Chapter 2: Maisie Got Hot!

It was the first day of school Maisie curled her hair and did her make up. She put her glasses on after she finished. She put on her boots then went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Her mom Lydia made her waffles for breakfast with some strawberries. She got her picture for her grandma like she has done every first day of school.

Lydia dropped her off at school Maisie wasn't close to her cheer mates

Lydia dropped her off at school Maisie wasn't close to her cheer mates. She had no idea that Bucky was even back.

She got to her locker they didnt have lockers in alphabetical order. So her locker wasn't next to Bucky's. The bell rang for homeroom to begin.

She went to her homeroom and sat down. She saw Clint come in as Bucky jumped on his back. Bucky didn't see her as he came in.

Ms Harper started to do roll call Maisie was hoping that she was just being paronoid. "James Barnes." Ms Harper said

Maisie swallowed hard as she felt color drain from her face. "That's me..but I prefer Bucky." Bucky said

Ms Harper wrote that down. "Maisie Barnum" Ms Harper said

"Here" she said as she started to shake and kept her head down. Bucky looked around but didnt see her still. He didnt recongize her since she grew up.

She had all AP classes so she had no other classes with him. She let out a breathe when she got in her mom's car.

"Everything okay baby" Lydia said

"No..mom Bucky is back. But he didn't see me" she said

"Breathe Maisie baby its alright. Maybe he has matured some since he has been away." Lydia said

"Yeah." She said

Over the next several weeks Bucky still couldnt find her. Finally it was the first Varsity game of the season. All the cheerleaders had to be uniform and all the players had to be in jerseys at school.

She put her contacts in and tied her ribbon in her dark hair. Lydia dropped her off she walked past the boys who was standing with the girls.

"Who is that cheerleader?" He said as he tapped Natasha's shoulder.

"Um dude you know who that is." Clint said

"No I do not. I havent seen her before" he said

The boys pulled him to his locker hallway. "That cheerleader right there is Maisie." Sam said

"Maisie who?" He said

"Barnum" Wanda said

"No its not. She was a nerd" Bucky said

"Hey Barnum..fix your bow." Natasha said when she saw that it was crooked.

Maisie looked over at her. She fixed her bow "Much better." Hope said

"It can't be.." Bucky said as he walked away.

That night at the game he watched her do flips and stunts as she cheered.  He shook his head as he still couldn't believe that she got hot.