Chapter 8:The Show

It was the Saturday the day of the show. The boys were already up and at the barn setting up lights and chairs. Once they did that they set up the stage and plugged in everything.

Valerie with Carol and Hope by her side. They showed up at Maisie's house on their four wheelers. Lydia let them in and woke up Maisie.

She came out yawning. "Maisie get dressed we have things to do before tonight. We have to meet the other two in thirty minutes." Hope said

"K" she said as she went back to her room and pulled on a pair of leggings and a t shirt. She wasnt even paying attention to what it said.

"You have a shirt that belongs to Barnes. How?" Valerie said when she seen her shirt.

"Barnes #34" (back side)

"East Savannah Panthers Football" (front side)

"Its not that big of a deal. He "accidentally" spilled coffee on my cheer top when I stayed with him." She said

Hope smirked.

The girls walked out she rode with Valerie. They pulled up at the nail salon. Natasha let them know that they wanted mani and pedis.

Once they did all that and paid for it they left the nail salon..

They arrived at the mall went straight for the food court. They got some sabharro pizza and cheese sticks. Nat dragged her to Sephora. She picked out all new make up for her.

After that she went to Victoria Secret to get her favorite lotion and body spray from the PINK Nation collection.

Once they were done at the mall they went Valerie's house. They all took turns using her shower. Maisie was the last one the girls started with her.

They did her hair straightened it out. Wanda did her make up keeping it Maisie as best she could.

Valerie gave her dress and boots to her along with a strapless bra for it.

She sprayed on her body spray and lotioned up. Once all the girls were done it was time to head out. They loaded up on the fourwheelers. She packed her stuff in one of the big bags she had.

They arrived at the place they walked in. Most people had already arrived Bucky pulled Maisie to him. He pulled his letterman's jacket out of his four wheeler trunk.

"Im still gonna freeze" she said

He pulled out a camo fleece blanket that had "JBB" in black lettering. "My sister was obessessed with monogramming two years ago. She gave me this for Christmas. Wear my jacket and keep this over your legs. But you look amazing tonight Maisie. I love the hair." He said

She smiled and said "thanks."

He took her back inside "this seat is.your spot. You dont leave it." He said as he took her to her seat.

"We gotta start Buck its 6:59." Steve said.

"Okay." He said.

They all took their spots then started "Friends In Low Places". Wanda played violin on the song. Sam was on keys Clint was on drums Scott and Steve were on guitars as well as Bucky. Natasha was a back up vocal as well as the rest were.

The next song he started to sing "In A Different Light" by Doug Stone. Maisie looked up at him as he had his baseball hat on backwards keeping his eyes closed.

After a few other upbeat songs they started up "Check Yes or No." She shook her head at him he grinned at her.

After he finished that song they started "The Thunder Rolls". She was singing along her dad was a big Garth Brooks fan. When he was home they would ride around in his truck he had her singing along with him.

Then they went into a duet between him and Wanda. "Little Do You Know" by Alex and Seirra.

Bucky kept his eyes closed as he held the mic with one hand and the stand with the other. Wanda stood to his left behind him. After that song was over he started to sing "Love,me" as he played his acoustic guitar.

In the very back of the barn was his parents and his grandpa James Sr. He was singing along with his grandson with tears in his eyes. He was bawling by the second verse cause earlier in the year they lost Edith Bucky's grandma.

"Oh my boy" he whispered

Sam started to play "You Are The Reason" as Wanda walked up as she did her part. She looked right at Maisie and smiled.

They did a few more songs that she knew. They were having so much fun playing up on the stage. Especially when they started up "All Summer Long."

Maisie pulled on his jacket as it started to get cold. She covered her legs with the blanket. "The girls are killing it" Hope said

"So is my boy" Valerie said talking about Sam. Bucky did his guitar solo "Still a show off." Maisie whispered.

After that they closed the show with "Smoke A Little Smoke" by Eric Church.

After it was over he came over to her. He wiped some sweat off his forehead  "so did you have fun?" He said

"Yeah I did." She said

"Good. Im sorry that you got cold." He said

"Its fine. I cheer in the cold." She said.

He smirked "Can I take you home?"

"Yeah" she said

She got her stuff off Valerie's four wheeler. She folded his blanket as he got all of his guitars. They unplugged everything then they all left.

Bucky brought her to her apartment he didnt see her mom's car. "Hey get changed into something warm. Im taking you home with me. I dont like you being here alone.." he said

"Okay" she said as he followed her in.

She put on a pair of softball sweatpants the t shirt she had on earlier and his jacket. She took out her contacts washed her face. She braided her hair as she came out.

"You good?" He said

"Yeah got my charger my phone keys" she said

"Lets go darlin." He said

They got on his fourwheeler and went to his house.