1

Patricia POV

1/28/2015

As I walk into my office after the late-night meeting about the recent deaths of three teen patients, I notice a small stack of notebooks on my desk with a post-it note on the top.

Pati-

We need an analysis done on these.

Why do they always ask me to do these things? The sad things, the unwanted tasks. This is all part of the job of a nurse, I guess. I just wish it wasn't so cynical,

I spread out the notebooks.

One was a glitter covered notebook with the name "Grace" written in glitter glue. The second was a simple leather bound notebook with the name "James" written in light handwriting. Next was a composition book covered with doodles and "Cody" written in graffiti letters. Last was an undecorated white notebook labled only with "Emma" in sharpie on the bottom corner of the page.

Emma is the only living patient out of these four notebooks. She was in brain surgery an hour ago, she is probably still in there. The other three patients had died in the last two weeks.

I opened each one up and decided to read all of them together in chronological order. The first date was from Grace's notebook. I started to read.

((Thank you to Larryskid13 for the awesome trailer! Link: http://youtu.be/1MlVrmKnMKs She does great work! Check her out!))