13

Grace POV

November 4, 2014

Today I went to Cody's room. I hadn't seen him in almost two days. When I walked up to his door, I heard him talking on the phone. It was pretty muffled.

"Boss, I'm sorry that I couldn't......the hospital doesn't......I'll try to.......OK......Sorry........won't happen again......."

Then he started to walk to the door. He opened it and looked shocked to see me at his door and he looked nervous.

"Hi Cody. What's up?"

"Oh. H-hey Grace."

"Whatcha doing?"

"Oh! Me? Um...I have to...go and..uh....throw out my trash!" He stuttered.

"Won't the janitor do that for you?"

"Oh! Well...see...there's things in here I don't think the janitor really wants to be touching," he was making excuses.

So we're going to be like this? Well two can play at that game, Cody.

"Oh sure. He doesn't 'want' to touch your trash, but he's perfectly fine touching my trash, which is, by the way, filled with 'feminine products'," I said in air quotes.

He squirmed a little when I said those two words. But then he made me squirm.

"Well he may feel fine with your.... stuff, but I have quite a bit of kleenex I need to throw out now. See ya later, Grace."

Oh God. I squirmed inside so much. That was uncalled for and gross. I started back to my room, when I realized something.

Cody wasn't even holding a trash bag.

"Cody! Wait!"

I ran after him.

I came to a hallway with a fork in it.

At the end of the left hallway, caramel curls whipped around the corner.

I eventually ended up outside.

But, Cody was nowhere to be found.

87- long hallways