67

Grace POV
January 21, 2015
My legs cramp up a lot now that I only get out of bed once a day.
I asked Cody to help me into my wheelchair.
"Now? It's five in the morning."
"Yeah," I cough out.
"Okay," he yawns, "Anything for you."
He lifts me up and sits me in my chair.
My lower muscles are out of my control now so Cody helps put my legs into a comfortable position.
He takes me up and down the hallway and I even use my own arms to push myself a few feet.
We pass by James room.
His door is open a crack. I turn my head as we pass his room because his door is never open at night. I see a dark mass on the floor.
"Cody!" I screech in my weak voice.
"What?"
"It's James!" I start sobbing.
He leaves me in the hallway and dashes into their room. I muster up what little strength I have to walk into the room before collapsing on the floor in tears. There on the ground was James. Cody did what he told me he did last time. He cried as he tried to revive him. No amount of CPR was bringing James back. It was the cold hard truth.
James was dead.
One nurse must have heard our crying because the next thing I know they are rushing in and ripping Cody away from James. They rush away with him and leave us again in silence.
"Cody? Are you okay? It's all going to be okay."
He stood up and looked at me.
"Why did he have to go?" He said as he hugged me.
"I know. I know."
8- James