Awkward.

WRITER’S POV

Today was Monday, the girls were getting ready to go to school. None of them had gotten back any of their privileges yet, even though a week had passed since their Interrogation. Community Service was complete hell and they still have around 7 weeks left of work.

Alison was sitting in her dad’s car, while staring out the window. “Ali, we’re here and please stay out of trouble. I know I tell you this everyday but I’m being serious. Have a good day.” Mr. DiLaurentis said to Ali.

Alison got out of the car and walked up the stairs of Rosewood High. She walked to her locker only to find the rest of the girls already waiting her. “Hey” She said lazily. It took a moment for anyone to say anything, for some reason things have been awkward lately.

“Has anyone heard from A?” Spencer asked, finally.

Everyone shook their heads and stared at the ground. Hanna shifted on her feet. “Well, I’m going to class. Um, see you guys at lunch.” She announced quickly and awkwardly strayed away.

“Me too.” Spencer and Aria said at the same time and left.

Emily stared off into space, thinking deeply about nothing in particular. “Earth to Emily.” Alison said waving her hands in front of Emily’s face.

“Sorry… Let’s just go to class.” Emily and Alison walked side by side to their Chemistry class which they had together.

“Em… What’s going on? Things have just been so weird lately. It’s like we’re drifting apart.”

“I’ve noticed that too. I guess everyone is just stressed… We’re all in a lot of trouble, all thanks to A.”

“And me…” Alison mumbled to herself, quietly.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing…” Alison said quickly and sat in her seat.

It was finally lunch and the liars met at their usual spot, they ate in silence. “Okay! This is driving me insane. Why are things so weird between us all?” Alison demanded.

Spencer shrugged. “I’m just tired from all the community service we’ve been doing.”

SPENCER’S POV

I shrugged and made up a lame excuse. “I’m just tired from all the community service we’ve been doing.” But really I know exactly why things have been so weird. I’ve had my suspicious about Alison and now they’re stronger than ever. Last week I met with Hanna and Aria – I didn’t include Emily because I know how she feels about Alison, feelings like that just don’t go away.

Hanna, Aria and I had talked about Alison’s impressive story during the interrogation, almost as if she’d planned it. We’re starting to suspect that she is A. Crazy, I know but the pieces are all coming together. Mona might have been the original A but it would have been easy for Alison to take over after Mona was shipped off into Radley. Alison definitely has her ways of making herself seem different than she actually is. She could have easily lied about what happened ‘that night’. Hell, she could have been the one to kill Bethany.

“Spence!” My thoughts were interrupted by Alison.

“Yeah?”

“Lunch is over, we have to go to class.”

“Oh right...” I stood up and the girls gave me a confused look. Wow, I must have been in deep thought. I smiled at them to reassure them that I was fine. I walked to class alone, none of the girls were in this class. I pulled out my phone and texted Hanna and Aria.

Spencer: Meet me at The Brew after school. Be quick, otherwise, my parents will be annoyed.

Hanna: Ok, sure.

Alison: I’ll be there. What about Em and Ar?

Crap. I must have clicked Alison instead of Aria. I’m such an idiot.

Spencer: Oops, forgot to include them in the message. Haha.

Alison: It’s okay. I just texted them. See you then.

Dammit. Thank god I didn’t mention anything about Alison in the text, I would have been screwed. “Hastings! No phones in class.”

“Sorry.” I mumbled and shoved my phone in my pocket.

WRITER’S NOTE

Oh damn. Is Alison A? Hope not because I’m Team Ali, haha.

Thanks for reading.

Love ya.