Trauma

Aria’s POV

After Alison and Emily left, we started talking about our theories of Alison being A. “Guys, I’m starting to have doubts… Maybe she’s not A, everyone we’ve suspected thus far have been wrong. What if we’re wrong again? We could ruin our friendship with her.” I said.

“Yeah, I agree.” Hanna said, backing me up.

“What if we’re right this time? She could be… We just need to find proof.” Spencer snapped.

“Spence, calm down.” I said, softly.

“And how long will that take, Spencer? Or will we keep looking until we find some evidence. By then everything will be ruined. What will we do then? Apologize?! ‘Oh, sorry we thought you were A, Alison. Let’s be friends again’. She won’t trust us if she finds out.” Hanna argued.

“She won’t.” Spencer shouted back.

“Our secrets never stay buried. A always ends up digging it up and rubbing in our faces. What’s stopping A this time?” Hanna said.

“Maybe that’s because Alison is A and already knows but she’s acting like she doesn’t.” Spencer thought out loud.

“Spencer, stop. This is getting crazy, okay?” Hanna interrupted her thoughts.

“Really, Hanna? Lately you’ve been acting majorly ‘Anti-Alison’. In fact you were so against her you completely changed yourself. Don’t think we haven’t noticed. So why are you on her side all of a sudden? I know you want her gone.”

“Well, maybe I’ve changed my mind.” Hanna stood up. “I’m leaving.”

“Hanna, wait… I didn’t mean it like that. I’m sorry, I’m just so confused and stressed.”  Spencer apologized.

“Guys…. Em just texted me. Alison’s in the hospital.” I said, in shock.

“What?!” Hanna gasped.

“Come on. Let’s go then.” Spencer stood up, already running to her car. Hanna and I quickly followed, jumping into the car. Within minutes we were at the hospital. “Geez, Spencer. You could have killed us and I thought you were the sensible one.”

“Desperate times call for desperate measures.”

“Seriously, guys. Stop wasting time.” I said, annoyed. I ran into the hospital with Hanna and Spencer right behind me.

Emily’s POV

I stared at Alison, she was still unconscious but at least she was stable. I held onto her hand, not wanting to let her go. What if they got away with it? What if A actually killed her? I wouldn’t be able to live with myself, if I hadn’t had gone to the damn bathroom this wouldn’t have happened.

“Emily! What happened?” I jumped at the sound of Hanna’s voice. I turned to face them.

“She was strangled… By A. She’s unconscious right now but the doctor said she should wake up soon.”

Hanna and Aria stared at Spencer and Spencer shrugged. “Okay, seriously. What the hell is going on between you guys?” I demanded.

Aria sighed. “We were suspicious about Alison… We thought she was A.” I glared at them.

“How could you even think that she was A? What, you think she killed her own mother?! That’s sick, guys. I’m honestly so ashamed right now. What were you even thinking?” I shouted at them, they looked like they were about to say something but I continued. “Oh, and if Alison was A. Why would she send herself this? She didn’t even tell me about it.” I threw them a note that I took from Alison’s pocket a few minutes ago.

“Emily, shut up for one damn second and look at Alison.” Hanna said.

I turned to see Alison was awake. “Ali, are you okay? How are you feeling?” I said, softly, my tone completely changing.

She slowly reached up to take off her oxygen mask. “Y-You t-thought I-I was A-A…?” She coughed, her voice was barely loud enough to hear what she was saying.

“Y-Yeah but blame me… I was the one who made things awkward lately. A is destroying our lives and I just want to find out who it is… So I guess and just pointed the stick at you.” Spencer said, with a guilty look across her face.

“P-Pity I had to find out from A, first. B-but I forgive you.” Alison coughed loudly. “Oww… My throat hurts so much. Can you pass me that water over there, please?”

Spencer grabbed the bottle and handed it to Alison. “T-Thanks… Come here, Spencer. Give me a hug.” Alison smiled and hugged Spencer. Aria and Hanna joined in too. “Come on, Em. Don’t be an outsider.” Alison chuckled but winced at the pain. I hugged her softly, not wanting to hurt her.

A doctor came in. “Ah, Miss DiLaurentis. You’re awake. How are you feeling?”

“My throat hurts a lot but I’m okay.”

“That’s completely normal. Where are your parents or legal guardian?”

“Oh, he’s on his way. He might be late through. He was on a business trip.” I said, remembering I called him earlier.

“Alright. Well, you’re free to go whenever you please. I prescribed you some throat medicine. Oh, and one more thing. I have to go over the after effects you may experience after such a traumatic experience.”

We all nodded and waited for the doctor to continue.

“You will experience, throat aches, hoarse or raspy voice, difficulty in swallowing, breathing changes and… like any trauma you may have sleep disturbance, panic attacks and paranoia. However, there is no certainty to any of these happening.” The doctor walked out of the room.

“Oh my god.” Alison breathed out. “This is bad….”

“Alison, don’t worry. It will only last a few days and we’ll skip school to look after you. Even through we’re all grounded.” Aria said. I saw Spencer flinch when she said skip school, typical Spence.

“It’s not that I’m worried about… I’m worried about the traumatic effects.”

“The doctor said there’s no certainty it will happen, so don’t worry about it.” Aria gave Alison a reassuring smile.

Around 20 minutes later, we picked up all of Alison’s prescriptions and drove her home. Her dad was already there waiting for us. “Alison. Are you okay?” He gently pulled Alison in for a hug and kissed the top of her head.

“Yeah, Dad. I’m fine. Can the girls stay over?”

“Of course. Just make sure you all call your parents first.”

We all nodded and walked up stairs to my bedroom. Alison stopped in her tracks, we looked in the direction she was looking and gasped. There was a message written with lipstick on her mirror.

‘See, how easy it is to get my hands around your neck? I told you to watch your back, take my advice next time. Kisses –A.’

WRITER’S NOTE

Woahhhhh. I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you guys enjoy it. I’m almost at 700 reads which is AMAZING. Oh and I published my Emison story that I promised I would write so check that out if ya want.

Thanks for reading.

Love ya.