Double Trouble.

Spencer’s POV

We all sat in silence, waiting for Toby and Ezra to arrive. I honestly have no idea what I’m going to say. This has all just gone way to fast. What are we going to do? I felt someone reach for my hand, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at Aria and squeezed her hand. She smiled slightly at me.

“We’ll help each other out if things get bad, right?” She asked me.

“Right.” I smiled back at her.

“We will help out too, don’t worry.” Alison said. I was just about to thank her until I was interrupted by the doorbell followed by angry knocking. I gulped and Hanna went to answer the door. Toby and Ezra pushed right past her, heading straight to me and Aria.

“Hey. I exist you know.” Hanna mumbled.

“The hell is going on Spencer?! A sent us a picture of you…” Toby shouted.

“Kissing my girl. Got anything to say, Aria?” Ezra spat, finishing Toby’s sentence.

“I’m not you’re girl when you talk to me in that tone.” Aria said coldly. I was shocked to hear her say that. While I, normally the one with something to say, am just sitting here doing nothing.

“Both of you need to sit down and shut up. It is a lot easier and faster to explain things when you’re both not shouting to the whole damn neighborhood.” I finally said. Ezra and Toby grunted and sat down. The other girls were observing the conversation, ready to intrude when things turned sour

“Look. We didn’t mean for things to happen this way. What’s happening in the picture only happened 15 minutes ago. We’re still trying to process the idea of this and-“

“Wait… You two are a thing now?” Ezra scoffed.

“Well, as I was saying until you rudely interrupted. We are still trying to sort things out and A has only made this harder for us by telling you two. Next A will tell our parents.” As if right on cue my phone beeped. I looked at the messaged and read it out loud.

“Parents have been told. Boyfriends turned cold. I’ll just sit here and watch the drama unfold. Kisses –A”

“Speak of the devil.” I heard Aria whisper to herself. I sighed and put my phone on the table, knowing that my parents will be calling soon.

“Can you two leave…? We’ve got bigger problems to deal with now.”

“Bigger problems? So are we no longer important to you anymore? We deserve an explanation. What are we Spencer? Or is the better question to ask… What are you and Aria?” Toby demanded.

I’m getting really frustrated now… Things aren’t meant to be like this. All I want to do right now is run away, with Aria by my side. Don’t get me wrong, I still have feelings for Toby but in my eyes Aria is the brighter star. Plus, I’m seeing a side of Toby that I absolutely hate right now and he’s getting on my nerves.

“You want an explanation? Well, I’ll give you one that’s pretty easy to understand.” I said before pulling Aria closer to me and crashing my lips onto hers. I heard Toby and Ezra stand up, knocking their chairs down.

“You think this is some kind of joke?” Ezra said angrily. Aria and I pulled away and looked at them.

“We wouldn’t joke about something like this.” Aria replied.

“Why would you do this to me, Aria? After all we’ve been through.” Ezra’s anger slowly disappeared and he started getting teary eyed. I looked at Toby, who was also getting upset. I stood up and walked closer to both of them, pulling Aria with me.

“We’re both sorry… Nobody wanted things to turn out this way. I wish you the best, Ezra but I don’t deserve you. These new feelings… They’re just as strange to me as they are to you. I know you’re mad you have every right to be but don’t ever be mad at yourself for this. Blame me, okay? It’s not your fault.” Aria said and hugged Ezra. I did the same with Toby.

Ezra and Toby let themselves out and I ran my hands through my hair. “That was…”

“Tough… But our parents will be worse.” Aria sighed.

“Let’s turn off our phones… I just want to hang out with all of you before all hell breaks out.”

Aria agreed and turned off her phone, I quickly did the same.

“So, what do you want to do?” Emily asked.

“Die in a hole.” I said sarcastically.

“Been there, done that. Wouldn’t recommend it though.” Alison said, laughing a little.

I laughed at Alison’s comment, already feeling the mood change. We ended up talking about random things, struggling to breathe after Hanna’s hilarious one liners. Things were going great. Aria and I sneaked in a couple of glances, even though we weren’t a secret, it was still thrilling for us.

We knew our parents would come knocking at Alison’s door or try calling the other girls but right now, we couldn’t care less. At this moment, I was happy and Aria was happy. That’s all that mattered for now. Ding-dong. Yup, the doorbell, they’re probably here. Brace yourselves everyone, who knows what’s coming next.

WRITER’S NOTE

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than normal but I wanted to save the parents for the next chapter. This was fun to write. I’m sorry to all the Spoby and Ezria shippers reading this, don’t kill me. I love Toby and Ezra so don’t think I hate them or anything. Haha, so in the next chapter it will be about the parents and I’ll probably put some more stuff too, not sure yet.

Thanks for reading. Don’t forget to vote/comment. I love your feedback.

Love ya.