Nerve.

Aria’s POV

My palms immediately started sweating, am I even ready for this? Spencer and I have barely talked about this… Toby and Ezra are probably done with us now. Thanks a lot, A. Hanna strolled to the door and opened it.

My parents barged in, Spencer’s parents followed behind pushing Hanna out of the way. “Seriously? That’s twice now…” Hanna complained.

“Aria… What is this?” My mum asked, holding up her phone, displaying the picture of Spencer and I.

“Mum… I-I can explain.” I stuttered.

“First, your teacher and now your best friend! Who happens to be a girl?!” My dad said, fuming.

“Byron. Calm down. Let her explain.” My mum said calmly.

“Have anything to say Spencer?” Spencer’s mum asked sternly.

“Look. Spencer and Aria just need some damn peace to work things out. You weren’t meant to find out yet but somehow you did. Toby and Ezra found out too and came barging in the same way. Give them some time to actually understand their situation before demanding an explanation. Jesus.” Hanna shouted, obviously getting frustrated.

Nobody said anything for a few minutes, just complete silence. I looked at Spencer, giving her a worried look. “Okay.” Spencer’s dad sighed.

“Okay? Dad, what do you mean?” Spencer asked.

“You obviously need time. I know this situation is very stressful for all of us but us as parents shouldn’t be acting this way.”

“Peter is right…” My mum sighed. “I’m sorry girls. This is all just new to us.”

“Like hell it is. Spencer. Come on, we’re going home.” Mrs. Hastings demanded.

“No, mum. I’m tired of being your perfect daughter. It’s all in your head, I’m sorry I can’t be something you only dream of. I’ve tried to make you proud, I try my hardest and you always find a way to shoot me down. Aria and I… We’re working things out. I really like her, I’ve always have. Heck, I’m head over heels for her and if you can’t accept that, then I’m sorry that you’ve now lost me.” Spencer said, almost in tears. I naturally wrapped my arms around her, I hated seeing her upset. I know now’s not the time to be holding her like this but she needs some comfort.

Mrs. Hastings stared at the ground, a shocked expression painted onto her face. “Spencer… No.  Don’t say things you don’t mean. You’re already perfect. I know I’ve been putting you under a lot of pressure but I just want the best for you. Maybe I got a little carried away and I’m sorry for that. If you and… Aria want to be… more than friends, then go ahead. If she makes you happy, I’m fine with that.” Mrs. Hastings smiled slightly, hoping for forgiveness. Spencer slowly made her way over to her and gave her a hug.

“This is ridiculous. I can’t believe all of you are just accepting this. Aria stop playing around. You’re obviously delusional and don’t know what you want. You wanted us to accept you and Ezra and we eventually did, but this? Now you’re just pushing it. Spencer is a girl, you’re a girl-“ My dad spat.

“Excuse me? Since when did you get the right make decisions for me? Yes, Spencer is a girl but is that so wrong? We’re both human and you know what humans do? Fall in love, so why can’t we? Look around you, dad. Everyone is being supportive and understanding and then there’s you, as usual the black sheep. For heaven’s sake, I’m your daughter, what kind of parent acts so judgmental to their own child? You know what’s ridiculous, you are.” I said angrily.

Everyone just looked at me, shocked at the nerve I had to say that to my father but I didn’t care. It was about time that I stood up for myself and what I believe in. My dad didn’t say a word and just left. I sighed, I just wished he was at least a little open minded. Now I want nothing more than for everyone to leave. I want to be surrounded by my friends who aren’t so quick to judge.

“Right… I think I better get going. Aria, I understand what you’re going through. You and Spencer talk it out and come back home to talk to us whenever you are ready. I’ll try and talk some sense into your father.” My mum said before walking out the door. Spencer’s parents did the same, telling Spencer something similar to what my mum had just said, before leaving.

I sat down and puffed out my cheeks. “Thank god that’s over.” The other girls had stayed silent for the whole conversation I had with my parents, I don’t blame them though, since things were getting quite personal. Spencer sat down next to me and place her hand on my thigh.

“The good thing is that we did it and we made it out, together.” Spencer said, looking me in the eyes. The other girls sat around us, pulling us into one big group hug. I’m glad I’ve got them all, we’ve all had our ups and downs, especially with Alison but we’re passed that. Alison truly has changed and I can see that clearly now.

“I love you girls so much. I don’t know where I’d be without you all.” I said, tearing up a little.

“Aria, we’ll stick together till the day we die. We’re not friends, we’re all sisters… and lovers for some of us.” Alison said sincerely, laughing a little when she said lovers. I laughed along with her and glanced at Spencer. I grabbed her hand and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She blushed and whispered in my ear.

“We’ll have our talk later.” I nodded and smiled at her.

“Stop being cute you two. I’m getting jealous, where’s Caleb?” Hanna said, fake dramatically.

“You can go see him if you want.” I suggested, smiling at her.”

“Oh please. After all that’s happened today, there’s no way I’m leaving. GIRLS NIGHT.”

“Hell yes.” Emily cheered. “But can we go out, we’ve been stuck inside for so long.”

“I agree, let’s go out somewhere.” Spencer said.

“Hmm… I think I heard someone’s throwing a party.” Alison said.

“Well, what are we waiting for? Time to get ready to party.”  Hanna exclaimed, running upstairs. We all chuckled and followed her.

WRITER’S NOTE

Damn. Spencer and Aria had major guts in this chapter. Byron is being judgmental as usual but hey, at least most of parents kind of accepted it. Party next chapter, I’m excited.

Do you want drama with the couples at the party or nah? Maybe not Sparia, they just got together. So, Emison drama?

Anything else you want? I’ll put it in :)

Thanks for reading.

Love ya.