Carribbean parents toxic traits! +Author's note

Hey y'all I'm back with another chapter! 😜 It's extremely stressful dealing with my parents from the Caribbean . Don't get me wrong they're are some pros but, I think there are  more cons🤷🏽‍♀️ 😓 if you could relate to any of these ( Caribbean or not) comment below or even other things you find annoying,
make sure you comment.

1. They take out their anger on you
I know it's not only me but, when my parents (particularly mom) have a bad day, every one in the whole house is having it rough too 😂 it's such an unpleasant thing to go through and toxic. I think if your mad at someone or something, you don't have to make someone else go thru it. Especially when they never caused it.

2. Hairstyles chaos
When you want to get your hair done there's always excuses but, then she gets her hair done with no problem. I'm like " so there was no problem getting your hair done but, mine is on delay?????" 🤔😢
Yo this one annoys me the mosttttt! I know y'all can relate.

3. Personal information ends up on CTV news

For all these years why do black parents in general always share confidential information to people that involves us. Ppl that I don't even know, know my business.This cheeses the me the fucking most! But then proceeds to get upset when we tell our friends or whoever their personal business. It's like they only consider their feelings and act as if our feelings don't matter.

5. Making you look bad in front of ppl ( putting on a show)

I don't know if y'all can relate but, I hate when they embarrass you in front of their friends and family too . Or try to make you look stupid. Or..... they try to act nice in front of ppl that sounds so different from what they really sound like. Deception? 🤔😂

4. Name calling

I don't know why Caribbean parents don't understand that name calling us is detrimental to our self-esteem. When they call us names like dog, worthless, stupid, it hurts. You lyinggg if you say those words didnt hurt at one point of time ( other words) . And then some of us do the same to others because it was done to us.

5. Not being able to express our feelings and they perceive it as talking back.
Okay me personally, I'm calling out things that are right whether your my mom, dad, whoever, idc. Because i can never let shit in 😂
When I express myself towards my parents and elders, idk why they perceive it as being rude or having a smart mouth. I'm just telling them my perception of things. and if they are doing something wrong they need to be called for it. Periodt. I believe young ppl should have a voice to and not think of it as being ignorant.

6. The Big Black Belt

WOOOAAH! " LOOKING LIKE I CAUGHT A LICK" 😂😂😂 comment below if you get the joke. It's funny to me 🤷🏽‍♀️😂
Yo when the belt cross me, I would be sooooo angry. It's bad to say but, it made me have anger towards.... yeah. Idc what anyone says but the belt doesn't solve anything cause 9 times out of 10 they go do the same shit again. Maybe I'm capping 🤷🏽‍♀️

7. Yell and scream to make us fear them

I think Caribbean parents go on as animals because they want us to be afraid of them. Correct me if I'm wrong but my mom use to say stuff like " you know I'm crazy" or " do it and see what will  happen" to make us frighten and think that will make us listen to them.

8. Man over kids
Y'all don't come for me okay 😂. But idk if just Caribbean women do this but, why are they so obligated to make their man happy than their own children. And then afraid to talk back to the men when he is being deceptive or in the wrong doings. Are they that insecure that they can't even have standards ? Or are they just in a relationship because of the idea of love even when it's not being reciprocated back? To further go on....
Why do they need a man to make them feel more like a women? Comment down below if you get me or want to start a convo.

Author's note ( please read)
I know I'm missing maybe a couple more points, maybe I'll do a part 2 🤷🏽‍♀️. Please don't leave any hate comments, I'm simply expressing myself.  I don't think I say this enough but, I want to thank all of you guys (including haters) for reading my book and supporting it. I never thought I would have so many reads like reall shitttt. If you want me to write about anything, comment down below. Even if you guys need a part 2 of any chapter, just comment. Whether it's how to build your self esteem, how to glow up, a-n-y-t-h-I-n-g. I'll be here and yes I'm working on another book. I think y'all will like it cuz I love it. I even got some help from my friend so... yeah stay tuned for that as well. Should I make a Instagram for this book? Tips and trick for self confidence, love, baddie tips, etc. comment down below if y'all would like that. If enough people want to see it, I'll set it up. And I would be uploading more frequently on there cuz I'm sorta an ig addict.