Stuck.

"You are stuck with me till the world falls to pieces, and if we're not still standing even then we'll still find a way to be together..."
~Ottilie Weber

He rushed to the door, only to rush back to fetch his hoodie, wear it, then rush back down and out his house.

The hood was over his head to hide his face, luckily Grace hadn't gone too far.

"Oi!" He didn't want to say her name, in fear that someone might be watching them.

Grace turned at the sound of the disembodied voice, soon coming face to face with the onwer of that said voice.

"Where do you think you're going?" He questioned the girl as he fiddled with her curly locks of hair.

The odd part was that she let him touch her hair, no one but her mom was allowed to touch her hair.

Yet there he was using the voluptuousness of her hair to cover and hide her face.

"To Ken's house. My friends and I are going to hang out today." There was something about that name that didn't sit right with Shawn, but he chose to ignore it.

He had more pressing matters on hand.

"Tell him you can't come." Shawn commanded her, but not in a harsh nor stern way.

"Why?" She demanded from him, her face scrunching up into a questioning look.

"Why not?" He didn't have the energy nor the time to explain everything to her, so he simply just grabbed her hand and dragged her back into his house.

Grace didn't understand what was going on, but she wasn't complaining.

Shawn's actions made her feel unnecessarily special.

"What's going on?" Her voice came out small, like a little curious child.

"Let's continue with the assignment, shall we?" He didn't at all answer her question, in fact, he outrightly ignored it.

Grace didn't mind it though, shrugging while she said, "Sure."

They settled back into Shawn's leisure room, both of them reverting back to their state of comfort.

Shawn appeared to enjoy sitting on the floor since he opted for that each time.

His back rested against the couch Grace sat on as he stared on ahead of him. "The main themes are Love, Conflict and Family."

Shawn really did hate the whole ghosting process, during this process he always got aggitated and on-edge.

This time around the case was much more serious, a probable matter of life and death.

He wasn't even sure if he was ready for it this time around.

"Love, conflict ad family." Grace mumbled to herself as she scribbled down the themes.

Shawn's phone rang in his pocket, he tensed visibly and prayed for nothing but good news.

Grace noticed this and stopped what she was doing, watching as Shawn took out his phone to identify the caller to be someone named Kevin.

"I hope you're obeying ghost protocol."

Kevin hated the ghost process more than Shawn did, he never obeyed ghost protocol and was always out and about- especially during that time.

"Maddy is having a party dude, on a school night! I can't miss it!" Kevin grinned, assured of himself and his decision.

Kevin was an ultimate dare-devil, always going against protocol to do his own thing.