Save.

"What I thought was gonna be the death of me was my saving grace"
~Luke Combs (When it rains it pours)

"What are they still doing here?" Mrs Rai sneered at her son, referring to Grace and Shawn who were still held captive.

Grace had stopped crying but for the four days that she was there, she refused to eat anything.

Ken's mother was shocked that her son actually went through with it, that he actually imprisoned the girl he claimed to 'love'.

She got angry when she realised just how heartless her son could be, he was turning into his father, and that was what she feared the most.

He hadn't fed Shawn at all throughout the four days, instead, his meal was a couple of punches and kicks that bruised and tore his skin.

She was sure the kid was weak and in need of serious care, she was sure his every muscle was aching and begging for food.

Ken took out his anger on Shawn, the anger that brewed not just from his jealousy but his daily stressing, and that made his mother very very disappointed.

"He's saving Grace." He answered his mother, looking at his phone and scrolling through whatever he was busy with.

"Saving Grace? From what? What does he need to save her from?" His mother sat down across from him, narrowing her eyes at him.

"From me." He looked up at her for a brief moment, before returning to his phone.

"Why would she need saving from you? You wouldn't do anything to her, right? She's safe, you would never hurt her, right Ken? Tell me Kentai! Does she need saving from you?" His mother slammed her hands on the table, demanding answers from her son.

"I don't know! I don't know! I don't know! I don't want to hurt her! Just him! I just want to hurt him so bad it kills him! I want him dead! And maybe, maybe that'll hurt her! So maybe I am hurting her! I don't fucking know!" He shouted at his mother, standing to his feet and glaring bullets at his mother.

His mother bolted around the table and to him, fisting his collar in her small but strong hand.

"You will not hurt her! Do you hear me? I don't care what you have to do to make that girl happy, but you do it! Don't you dare make that girl shed another tear! Do you hear me boy?" She yelled in his fsce, turning red from all the anger that was building up inside her.

Grace was the daughter she never had, the daughter she could never have.

She loved that girl, she'd be so angry if Ken hurt her or made her cry again.

"Get off me!" He pushed his mother away, growling down at her fallen figure.

"You stay out of my business! What happens to Grace and Shawn is my business not yours! This is none of your concern! Now shut up and never speak of this again!" He stormed away, leaving his mother to pick herself off the floor.

"You've become as heartless as your father!" She called to him, pushing herself off the floor and onto her feet.

"Look around mother! I would rather be my father's son than anything close to you!" He shouted back, slamming his door shut and flopping onto his bed.