Shy.

"Your eyes make me shy."
~Anais Nin

Grace had bought some essentials online since she couldn't leave the house to do it herself, and she needed them with immediacy.

Shawn provided the money for Grace to do so, saying she that could buy whatever she wanted.

Grace still had no idea what exactly was going on, but Shawn promised to tell her as soon as it became necessary for her to know.

As for now, all she had to do was stay in his house until his father was sure that their lives weren't in danger anymore.

Once everything was delivered to the door, Grace quickly retrieved the items with her hair hiding her face.

She was thankful for the stubbornness of her long curly locks, and how they easily covered her whole face.

Admittedly, she looked mad- and that was putting it lightly.

She took a quick shower and dressed herself, settling back on the living room couch with a bowl of cereal in her hand.

She had no idea where Shawn was. In the fairly large house, he could be anywhere.

Not known to her that he was in the library where he was on a phone call with his father, a private place away from Grace's ears.

Shawn had never gone through a whole ghosting processes without his father, let alone with someone else other than his father.

He ghosted once with his father and Kevin, but Kevin wasn't a total stranger.

Everything was just so new to him, he didn't know how he was going to handle it- how he was going to handle her.

He wasn't even sure he wanted her to stay, she wasn't his responsibility, right?

"I saw the news." His father sympathised with him, his voice coming out low and throaty.

The way things were escalating, there was immense pressure on him to figure out everything before more blood was spilt.

His whole operation depended on him solving the new problem before it could worsen and draw the attention of official authorities.

"He didn't listen to me. He should've gone back home." His phone was on the table and the call was on speaker, making it more convenient for him to pace around to and fro.

His voice was brittle, indicating that he was more sad than he was angry.

"We will find the people behind this kiddo, that's a promise." Mr Stryker was trying his best to make his son feel better, but he had just lost his best friend, that would be a hard blow on anyone.

Even though Kevin always got on Shawn's nerves, they were best friends through and through. Inseparable.

Being brought up by parents that worked together, they had no one else but each other to count on in times their lives really depended on it.

Kevin always had his back when he needed him, now his back was bare and exposed for the picking.

"Fill me in, dad. This has now become my case too, I want to know everything there is to know about what is going on." Shawn was obviously angry, and vengeance was definitely the main dish on his plate.

He would find those people that killed his friend and make them suffer gruesomely.

"All I know is that, there wasn't a mole. These people did their research on us and know that we're the main thing around here. Our teammates are trust worthy, it's these people that are not the usual small gangs that we're used to. They're definitely connected to some kind of cartel outside of the country and they're looking to expand themselves into our territory. Kevin was their way of making themselves known, I guess." Informed the older Stryker to the younger one.