Us.

"Something flickers between us, as delicate as a flame cupped in hands, protected from the breeze."
~Clare Atkins

Shawn had taken a relatively cold shower that night, just to clear his mind.

It didn't seem to have worked, noting how he spent hours in his bed without sleep.

His eyes were wide open, and he was just too awake to sleep.

He hadn't been thinking at all, quite the opposite in reality.

He had just been there, staring into an infinte abyss with nothing going through his mind.

Sleep became a fantasy to him, a wish upon a shooting star.

He ran his fingers through his hair, huffing out a furstrated sigh.

Even at four thirty in the morning he laid wide awake, counting down the minutes until breakfast.

His door creaked open, causing him to sit up in his bed.

He was expecting his little brother, hell, he was even suspecting it to be his older brother.

Not in a million years would he have- Oh, wait, nevermind.

It was very much like Grace to come into his room at such ungodly hours.

He could make out her figure from the door way, and exactly what she was wearing.

She had on a pink silk bra top and matching pink silk shorts.

Nothing that he thought too hard on, aside from the fact that he maybe, possibly liked seeing her that way. Maybe.

"What are you doing here?" Shawn asked as she stepped in and closed the door behind her.

"What else would I want from you at this time of nigh- morning?" Grace whispered as she maneuvered her way to his bed.

He remembered the first time she did this, he had simply woken up with her atop him. That was fine, he didn't mind it at all.

The second time though, he almost killed her.

She came in telling him things like 'I can't sleep', as though that was any of his business.

They had a whole argument about her sleeping in his bed, an argument that lasted longer than the time she actually spent in his bed.

He was totally against the idea of her being in the same bed with him and wanted to rid her off the face of the earth at that very moment, but she faught him till he gave up.

That was the same night that she had been given her own room in his base- she had her own damn room.

She left early that morning, but after she left, he couldn't sleep and instead started anticipating his father's call.

He didn't even eat breakfast.

Ever since then, she'd made it an annoying habit of hers.

She had only done it twice prior to this night, but he still found it as an annoying habit.

"You shouldn't be getting used to this." Shawn said in a flat tone as she got onto the bed, it dipping at the presence of her weight.

"Why not?" She asked half heartedly, not really paying him much attention.

"It's annoying, and I don't like it." He mumbled in response, laying back onto his bed and continuing his sleeplessness.

It didn't bother him as much as he claimed it did, in fact, it didn't bother him at all.