Hate.

"It is easier to hate those we love, than love those whom we have hated."
~Norman MacDonald Maxims

Grace was sure that this whole thing was a mistake, but there she was skin-clad in a black strappy laced short dress.

The dress was new and fit her perfectly, just like Shawn said it would when he bought it.

She didn't even test the dress, he just took it and added it to the pile of other clothes that he would be buying for her.

In the end he was right, it was a perfect fit and she loved it.

She topped it off with the silver chained onyx tear drop pendant and black and white addidas superstar kicks, all of which Shawn had bought for her the previous day.

For her makeup, her eyeshadow was an alluring smoky eye.

She had on a tuanting nude lipstick that matched perfectly with her skin tone.

She had her curly hair tied up, in a high bonytail but had bangs that barely hovered over her eyes.

In short, she was stunning and her family agreed to that.

"My baby girl's all grown up now." Commented Mr Grayson as Grace joined her parents in the living room.

"Wow Grace! You're so pretty!" Cheered Elizabeth, who jumped to her feet to patter over to Grace and wrap her arms around Grace's legs.

"Thanks Liz." Grace grinned, patting her little sister's head.

"Ready to go?" Asked Grace's mother, who was dressed in a flawless shimmering purple evening gown that matched her purple purse.

"Yup!" Grace cheered with a grin, forcing herself to appear happy and excited.

"Let's go then!" Exclaimed the father of the house, the two ladies following after him as he led the way.

They got to the venue, Grace being greeted by a doorman that led her into the grand hall.

"Thank you." Grace nodded her head at the man, walking further into the hall of formally dressed people.

They were all extravagantly gorgeous, moving with class and a pompous bounce in their step.

"Grace? A pleasure seeing you here." A familiar voice got her attention, making her light up in excitement.

"Ryan? What are you doing here?" She interrogated the boy, pulling him aside.

"Well, it is my cousin's party. Plus my dad is a one of the many business men that were invited." The boy radiated with pure happiness, his eyes scanning over the beauty in front of him.

"You're telling me that you are related to Shawn? Ha! Who would've guessed." Grace smirked, placing her hands on either side of her hip.

The two were so different, Shawn was rude and impulsive while Ryan was friendly and well calculated.

Shawn was invincible and showed no signs of friendliness or approachability, while Ryan wore a radiant smile on his face that showed just how friendly and approachable he was.

"You know Shawn? Interesting. Not many people know he exists." Smiled the boy in a perfect black tuxedo.

"So you're Italian too, I'm guessing?" Grace arched an eyebrow.

"Hell no. I'm related to him on his mother's side. I can't imagine myself being a Stryker." Ryan shuddered, shaking away such imaginations.

"Right. Those people are monsters." Ryan agreed with her immediately, he too shared a similar dislike towards the Stryker family.