Know.

"Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand."
~Hayley Williams

Ken was glad that Grace was out and safe, but that he had to stay around them a little while longer didn't appease his burning jealousy.

"You're too readable Ken." Tiff sat beside him on the couch, where he leisurely sat and glared at Shawn who had Grace's undivided attention.

"Who are you?" Ken shifted away from the girl, narrowing his eyes at the ginger that played with a dagger.

"I'm Tiffany." She answered, putting the dagger back in the strap around her thigh.

"One of Shawn's little pawns? Get away from me." He scoffed, folding his arms and turning his eyes back to Shawn and Grace.

He was glad that Grace was happy, really, he was, but if that was really enough to make him happy- he wasn't sure.

He wanted to be the reason for her soft giggles and her obnoxious laughter, he wanted to be the sole reason for her happiness- that, that would make him happy.

It was selfish of him, but he couldn't help it.

"The same way you wish you could put a bullet through his head, is the same way I wish I could stab her to death." She gained Ken's attention once more, making him look at her with widened eyes.

"You like Shawn?" He grimaced, his face cringing into one of the most disgusted looks he could muster.

"I've known him all my life, of course I do." She huffed and folded her arms, turning her eyes to Shawn and Grace.

How could they talk so easily like that, like no one was watching, like they were the only ones left in the universe?

She'd never seen Shawn talk like that, not even to Kevin.

Shawn could hardly hold a conversation, he would just shrug all the time- even if he knew the answer.

Everything about that situation didn't make sense to Tiffany, she was sure that Grace had done something to Shawn- something unthinkable.

"So, he's known you all his life and still chose a girl that he's only known for a little more than three months over you?" Ken chuckled, finding solace in the other's misfortune.

"Hahaha, laugh it up. Grace did the same to you." She rolled her eyes, cutting Ken's laugh short.

They dwelt in silence for a while longer, the both of them just looking at Grace and Shawn.

"Tell me, why Shawn?" Ken shifted closer to her, comforted by her understanding.

"Shawn is selfless, but only to the people he cares about. He doesn't let people into his heart easily, but once he does, he'll never let go. He makes me feel as though I'm worth something, he makes me feel like I'm on top of the world, and that's just us as friends."

Ken looked at her then at Grace, "That's not the reason she loves him, is it?"

Tiff shook her head, at a loss for words. She couldn't see any other reason for Grace to like Shawn, but she knew that there was another and she wanted to know that reason.

"You should hear them talk to each other. There's no putting her high on a pedestal, if anything, I treat her way better than Shawn does. He talks to her like how he would talk to his sister, or even as one of the bros, not as someone he would want to spend the rest of his life with."