Friends.

"But fate ordains that dearest friends must part."
~Edward Young

They spent the night at the base, Grace having been assigned a room of her own.

Shawn couldn't sleep, he had been on edge for the past few days.

The only time he hadn't felt such unease was when he was with Grace, but that was besides the point.

He was still awaiting his father's call, his father's 'go ahead'.

Shawn had been laying awake all morning, without the thought of breakfast crossing his mind.

He was in a space of his own, a world that he never even knew existed.

Many would've said he was staring off into an infinite abyss, but maybe, just maybe he was painting a breathtaking potrait in his mind.

It had a red background, and a black-

Shawn's phone rang loudly, tearing apart the painting he was perfectly laying out in his mind.

His heart jumped wildly in his chest when he identified the caller to be his father.

He jumped off his bed and headed out his room, catching Grace's wrist as she made her way to his room.

The both of them made their way towards the kitchen, "Cavalieri ombra!" Shawn shouted the italian words.

Shadow Knights.

Once hearing his words, evryone stopped what they were doing and hurried towards Shawn's voice.

He only ever used that name when things were really important, like an impending call that they had been waiting for.

It was a silly name Kevin and Shawn had invented as kids, it was stupid but it stuck.

They all gathered around the kitchen counter, Shawn placing his phone on the counter -answering the call and putting it on speaker.

"Is everyone there?" His father asked immediately, Grace shrieking at the fierceness of the man's voice.

Rough and harsh, and not at all in a pleasant way, but not too unpleasant either.

"Yeah." Shawn held onto Grace's hand, intertwining their fingers together.

This calmed Grace down almost instantly, tightening her grip on his hand made her feel so much better.

"Good. I got intel about these new people. Turns out they're actually working for a Yakuza in Japan. His son moved here to live with his mother, apparently he's also working with his father in the family Yakuza so he took some members of the Yakuza with him." His words unsettled Grace, how easily these men walked into their town without her knowledge.

"The head of the Yakuza family is said to be, Yoshida Rai. He isn't in the country at the moment. His son is in charge. Word going around says that he's planning to visit in the next few days." He finished explaining, a gasp escaping Grace's lips.

They all turned their heads to face her.

"What is it?" Mr Stryker demanded from them, having heard the gasp.

Grace let go of Shawn's hand, simply walking away to get out of that situation.

All that was on her mind at that moment was Kentai Heishi Rai, her close friend.